Login
    |

How do you get to the drivers side door lock actuator

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 13:44    Post subject: How do you get to the drivers side door lock actuator

on a '98 Ford Focus?

There is a big foam thing in the way which is part of the side impact protection and I can't work out how to get the bastard off.

Dave
Profile Send private message
Hitman
SKC Elite Member
Exceptionally fast DNS change award

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 15:47    Post subject:

Whats wrong with the lock?
KillerNo99

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 16:16    Post subject:

Ford's are cheap in my opinion. My grandpa has the same problem with the lock actuator and couldn't open the door on the outside of his new mondeo. They charged him 200 quid to fix and replace the actuator and door latch.

I don't know how you would be able to resolve it but I would get it fixed by someone else instead of messing it up further.

(EDIT: I don't mean cheap, just very unreliable in some ways).

Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 17:30    Post subject:

'Tis a pain. Since I had it the car had randomly locked itself on a drive, but it didn't happen often and was quite quirky. Yesterday I found that the central locking didn't work at all, so after dismantling the bottom part of the dash to reach the *back* of the fuse box to change the blown fuse (I will never in a million years understand why they did that), and trying the locks again, the fuse blew again. I disconnected the drivers side door and tried again and central locking now works fine. Looking on the internet shows that this is a common problem with Focuses and the door lock actuator is always the fault, but unfortunately I can't find anywhere that says how to actually change it.

For now at least the car locks (I can lock the drivers side manually) but since there are no longer any electrics going to the drivers door, the electric mirror and windows no longer function. That's not a big issue but I will take it to have it fixed at some point. I've done the dirty work of diagnosing the fault and removing the annoying bits of trim, so that sould earn me a discount ;)

Dave
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 19:33    Post subject:

jeremy clarkson recommends a hammer
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Jan 2008, 09:12    Post subject:

y u just dont go to Ford's service? they should fix it the best, right?
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Jan 2008, 11:57    Post subject:

KillerNo99

Posted: 04 Jan 2008, 12:06    Post subject:

Have you tried the corner garage? They tend to have spare parts and get them fitted in for a good price.

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com