Login
    |

Which kind of work/study you do?

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 03:24    Post subject: Which kind of work/study you do?

Hi. Most of you guys already are pretty olders, some of you are still study at school/colledge/university and etc.
Tell here what kind of job/study are you do!

Some of you know already that im work at a Gasoline Station. That kind of work isn't so hard, but everytime exist a chanse to fail. I mean you should give a diesel and u give gasoline, that is a problem, or just some mistakes with money.

How about you?! :)
Profile Send private message
JrMan
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 04:13    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

why are u posting at like 5am
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 04:15    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

why are you answer at like 6am?
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 16:45    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Cool idea for a thread.

I work in a small software company (around 20 people).
We develop highly specialized ERP software for furniture retailers. These can be small shops with like 3 employees up to larger shops with around 50 employees.

When our software package gets sold to a new company i'm responsible for getting it implemented. That means training sessions for the employees, meetings with the managers, setting up a million different parameters, being on-site the first days of the launch to troubleshoot anything that could go wrong,...

I also take care of the daily support for the existing customers, create all sorts of documentation, do demos for prospects and do follow up training sessions.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 18:16    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

B!BeR_Do$
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 2009Winner of Race championship December 20092nd place in Race championship July 2010

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 19:13    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Lean back and enjoy ;)

I work in a small security company, called Polizei Hamburg with ~10000 quality employees.
Right now i'm at the police academy...alot of studying law, politics, verbal and written german, but also english.
We also have a lot of practical training like driving and shooting.
IMG-20131031-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20131031-WA0001.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 17696 times

(i'm the 1 on the very right, so you only see my beautiful left body half).

I've already been 6 months on the streets to get get some practical experience. What i determined there was a mix of tough shift work sleep disorder, drunk tards but also thankful people and getting admired by kids...so basicly it's my dream job, never getting bored.

What comes next after i passed my exams in may, is a year in the riot police. A completely different work where i have to manage the boiling up left-scene, anarchists and football fans in hamburg.

RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 20:46    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Wohoho, damn never though you are gonna be on the side of the law :D joke, well done mate. The most importand that you like it, and didn't became bored ;)

Waiting for next one :)
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 21:32    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

In my contract it says that I am not allowed to advertise where I work :(.

But I am allowed to tell you what I do.

I work in the racing side of an automotive company - systems and engines department . Anything to do with electrical components (in modern cars like McLaren almost everything is electrical) goes through us.

All the components such as ECUs gearbox controllers, dashboard, power management..., need to be programmed for our needs. In a racing environment this needs to be done as quickly as possible. This means that there is always something to do. I cannot sit still for more than 2 mins so naturally I love the job. I also cherish the mix of a desk and practical work.

We may schedule a test to run some special equipment at a nearby test track (most of the time this is a Dunsfold - Top Gear test track). Due to the tight deadlines, there is no time to relay work to other people. So most of the time I do the programming, the installation and the testing myself prior to the track test. This may involves the use of very large and funky power tools :D.

Really, I am doing what I always wanted to do - play with cars :)
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 21:55    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Life is good. That is awesomem the thing what you really like to do!
Excelent job! Thanks for tell us about, m8. ;)

Someone else?
mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 22:01    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

there's not much to say in my case.

I just started studying electrical engineering. The University lies pretty close to Belgium and Netherlands. :P
Last edited by mrbrown93 on 31 Oct 2013, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 22:12    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Then i just wish you good luck hope you will reach your goal ;)
Tulaipo
PSV 10 - 0 Feyenoord

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 01:50    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Studying Business IT & Management in Amsterdam, Bachelor.

When im done with that, i'll be the connection between IT and Business. Lets say a bank wants a new software package to register all its customers. Then its up to me to make that happen. I could either select a ERP package or i could get software specially made for that specific bank, to make it fit all the banks needs. If that would be the case, i need to talk to those programming nerds and i need to talk with the bank manager. I need to find out what the bank manager really wants in his new software package, the requierments. After that i would need to tell the software devolpers what they need to build and how they need to do it.
There is no way a manager could talk directly to a software devoloper. The manager would think the programmer is a nerd and the programmer would think the manager is dumb. There needs to be a person inbetween. Well, thats me.

After reading Whiskeys story, i can conclude that his job is pretty damn close to what im studying for. With my education its also possible for me to do Whiskeys job.

In the meantime, im making mad money working in a supermarket lol
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 08:51    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

So you gonna be a partner with Whiskey? :D
Wish you best finish of your study. Working with banks , don't try to rob them. Anyway good to hear that, thanks Tula ;)
An4lr!tt3R
SKC Full Member

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 16:09    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

SyS-Req
Forum Mod - SKC Leader
Winner of Race championship March 20083rd place in Race championship July 2008Winner of Race championship September 20082nd place in Race championship October 2008Winner of Race championship January 2009Winner of Race championship March 20093rd place in Race championship May 2009
2nd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship March 20112nd place in Race championship April 2011Winner of Race championship May 2011Winner of Race championship October 20113rd place in Race championship November 2011

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 16:38    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

whats the name from the retail business you are? supermarket name?
An4lr!tt3R
SKC Full Member

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 20:07    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

its my secret :P
Tr4veleR
SKC Full Member

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 20:36    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Hello,

Well, my work is easy/hard

I work in one webpage of tournaments of Videogames: (Call of Duty, FIFA, HALO, League of Legends...).

What is my employment? We call my employment: referee, I have to check every match that one player or team play, I explain:

SKC TEAM VS CKS TEAM

SKC say: We won

CKS say too: we won

Now is when I have to check the match, the teams have to upload
proof, and now I decide the winner!

I work 2-4 hours per day IN MY HOUSE, especially in the morning, and they pay me 400€ per month.

Is a easy but boring job, but is comfortable :)
Noah
SKC Full Member

Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 21:55    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

DOOM

Posted: 02 Nov 2013, 19:04    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 12:15    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

At the moment am searching something more serious than the thingy am doing... but that's it.

Am simply doing little electrician occasionally works for private persons, recently built from 0 a simple website, and mostly computer tecnician (yep, am the guy to call if your PC is too slow or if something is broken).

Am also earning money from 2 kids for help them in afterschool homeworks.

Am pointing to find a real work during next months, if is possible not in my city (or even not in my nation).

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
gini
SKC Full Member

Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 13:55    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Hitman
SKC Elite Member
Exceptionally fast DNS change award

Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 14:18    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

the school of hard knocks
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 16:58    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Abraxas

Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 18:49    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 22:03    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

DOOM

Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 23:36    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 07:10    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

I have been to university for 4 years since college. A yank probably doesn't know the difference.
RogaliK
SKC Full Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 08:34    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 12 Nov 2013, 12:06    Post subject: Re: Which kind of work/study you do?

Right now I have 3 different job.
1. Do cleaning and gardening in a Beauty Shop (where my mother work).
2. Also work as shop assistant in a tobacco shop. Since this summer you can buy tobacco only these kind of shops in Hungary. Also do a bit of bookkeeping for the shop, because the owner is not really good at PC things. He barely can use the cash register programe.
3. Sometimes I work in a really big warehouse with my ex gf stepfather. We provide maintenance services. I loved this, sometimes it was highscaler work. It was my favourite. But now there are way too many safety instructions that we have to follow. They ruined the fun.

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com