Login
    |

60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Tr4veleR
SKC Full Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 21:55    Post subject: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

On a microwave, if you push 60, then it will cook for 60 seconds or one minute. (Following me?)
AND if you also press 1:00 it will cook for one minute, or 60 seconds. (Right, right?)
OK! Well, my question is....
If you add 1:00 + 1:00 it is = 2:00 right? So your food will cook for a total of two minutes.
BUT if you add 60 seconds + 60 seconds it will only cook for one minute and twenty seconds. Even though 60 seconds is one minute?
(I know, confusing question.)

I guess to put it into simpliest terms, How come 1 minute + 1 minute = 2 minutes, but 60 seconds + 60 seconds = only one minute and twenty seconds?
Profile Send private message
Ryan
SKC Full Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 22:15    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

illuminatti

Blessed by a shadowy hand coming out of the fucking wall during sleep paralysis.
VipeR-X
SKC Full Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 22:15    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Pino would be impressed, great work Raul

Earlier known as: RaMi-X
Legends
SKC Full Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 22:34    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

It's a great question... nvm i have figured it out already Last edited by Legends on 07 Sep 2016, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 22:34    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

I envy you if it is the biggest problem in your life. :) But I am a kind person, so I help you with your problem. Throw out that digital microwave and buy an analog one. ;)

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Bubu
SKC Full Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2016, 23:13    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

The explanation is easy to understand, so I'll keep this short:
You see everytime someone brings up a subject or more like a question this time, related to time, the first thing that pops in my mind is the so called "Grand Father paradox". Which can be described as a person who travels back to the past and kills his grandfather, preventing the birth of your mother/father therefore your own birth. Interesting, huh? That leads us to the 2 times nominated movie, which works with this kinda paradox - Twelve Monkeys (Don't forget that its title contains number 12). It currently has a rating of 8,1 on IMDb. Thirty-three percent of the ones who rated the film gave it 8 points. This 33 means 153336 people -> 150k if we round the number.
Now if we claim that the six degrees of Kevin Bacon (Again number 6) can be applied to anyone in the world, that means that the star of the film, Bruce Willis himself was somehow linked to the german Albert Einstein for 27 days (2+7=9). There also is a notable mathematician from Germany, Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss. Who you may have heard about. He had a lazy ass math teacher in elementary. So the educator told the kids to add every number from 1 to 100. Little Carl found a formula.
(n(n+1))/2
Although this story is not related to the sulotion of our problem, I thought it was worth mentioning. But what's more fascinating he was born on the 30th of April and died on the 23rd of February. Both containing the number 3.
Now let's line up the important numbers we gathered: 15, 12, 9, 6, 3. Which are the first 5 numbers of the multiplication of 3.
Now you might be asking how this all connects to your super interesting question. But don't give up just yet. I'm about to explain that.
Fernão de Magalhães was given FIVE ships by King Charles V. It's a very known fact that Magellan used hourglasses on his ships, to be preciese 18 on each, but that doesn't matter now. This fact can also be read on the wiki page of "Time". Where you could get your stupid answer and realize that you shouldn't ask stupid questions. So fuck off and click on this to open your shitty page.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.†-J.R.R Tolkien
Rhytz
SKC Full Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2016, 08:52    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

this shit is as old as the internet
Krofighter

Posted: 08 Sep 2016, 14:32    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

w0w ser aw

Sarma Boys
Lucapi
SKC Full Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2016, 15:13    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Damn son, are you guys sure the microwave doesnt say 120 seconds...? Because that's the most simple explanation. Besides, a microwave is not a clock. If it shows 1 min 20 sec., then its just badly programmed.

All heil to the nazi admin
icecube27

Posted: 08 Sep 2016, 16:48    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

The FitnessGramâ„¢ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

I drop unexpectedly like bird shit.
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 10 Sep 2016, 14:15    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

A retarded question from a retard.
The_Bibite

Posted: 19 Sep 2016, 16:02    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

That can happen if you use your microwave a bit before midnight because one day isn't really 24 hours it's actually 23 hours, 56 minutes, and I think 34 seconds. That's why we have leap years.
+PiNo

Posted: 22 Sep 2016, 21:27    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Abraxas

Posted: 23 Sep 2016, 01:49    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Rhytz
SKC Full Member

Posted: 24 Sep 2016, 10:02    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Whats the difference between a duck?
Lucapi
SKC Full Member

Posted: 24 Sep 2016, 23:19    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

All heil to the nazi admin
ViRuS
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 2009

Posted: 24 Jan 2017, 02:47    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Did I really read this?
+PiNo

Posted: 08 May 2018, 20:37    Post subject: Re: 60 Seconds and 1 minute aren't really the same?

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com