Login
    |

Car modding

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
InspectorGordon

Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 01:53    Post subject: Car modding

I've talked about this on the old forum, but for yoos that didn't see it, I'll go over it again.
When you mod a car in GTA, even if you only change the dff, it will effect the handling. The reason for this is that the dff effects the ride height which will make your car handle differently to other players. Also, modded cars very rarely match the collision model (even if it looks similar to the original), which means you can hit other cars without realising it. As well as all that, most mods have a higher poly count than the original models which will then cause gfx lag.
It is a shame as I love modding cars as much as the next man, if not more. But let's face it, if a car mod gives you a slight advantage over other racers you're as good as using hax.
Let's keep it clean boys and girls. :wink:
Profile Send private message
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 09:49    Post subject:

ye, you can mod or design nice new cars and keep them low poly at same time. think of that
TD Mystic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 12:47    Post subject:

i noticed that a long time ago when i modded some sport cars. Took the originals back a day after that.
KillerNo99

Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 21:17    Post subject:

Yeh I tried right at the beginning when I was completely new to san andreas and MTA (back in nov/dec 06) and I tried mods without editing the handling file but unfortunately my car started handling at different speeds compared to my rivals (i think some of you will remeber when I didnt know why this happen lol) then I uninstalled it and never used any custom cars.
But I do change the skins. Like on sandking and hotring racer, I have uploaded my custom skins. Doesn't affect the car in any way WhatSoEver. I think we all did that on the old forum.

[SKC]Cunning

Posted: 21 Nov 2007, 20:37    Post subject:

aha!
so thats why i dont have 308 top times,
right, i'm off to the mod shop!
Ali2k

Posted: 22 Nov 2007, 15:10    Post subject:

re-colors are tight aight?

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Mars_Army
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 02:20    Post subject: ya

take it from me, i used modles that worked the same and the same size, then i relized it was better just with the normal cars...well one was differnt my sanchez, there was a race when u partially go through water, the pool in san fiearro to be exact, and it wouldnt let me go though o well, back to normal now

Provento in Altum
TD Mystic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 17:50    Post subject: Re: ya

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com