Login
    |

MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> MTA:SA Stuff
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 01 Apr 2011, 23:45    Post subject: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Easy: I downloaded a lot of resources for the map editor.... but.... nothing wanna work.

Can you explain me how to do it? Following the tutorial doesn't work nothing...

What's the procedure?

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
Profile Send private message
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 07:38    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

I would like to help you, but you have to give me more details. What kind of resources are not working?

Here is a short tutorial about map editor:
Read this one too:

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 02 Apr 2011, 10:34    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Pop up the console (F8) all errors are in there.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 12 Jun 2011, 15:56    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

I've got to grips with the basics of the editor >> camera, laying objects, orientation, vehicle spawns and pickups - that's enough to get me started. But i wanna avoid any potential mindfuck when the map is finished, so i need to know if there's any vital shit that needs to be done at the start before i start constructing the map proper.
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 12 Jun 2011, 16:54    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

If it's a custom map, make sure you make it above water rather than above land.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 12 Jun 2011, 20:11    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Thanks, noted. I'll prob be having a look at the SA map first, looking for some decent circuit layouts before i have a crack at pure custom, if at all.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 20:46    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Maybe i've overlooked something, spawnpoints, pickups and CPs are not showing up in test mode, that can't be right, can it?
B!BeR_Do$
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 2009Winner of Race championship December 20092nd place in Race championship July 2010

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:04    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

scroll your mouse in the sympols down left after youve added the race resources.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:23    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

YEah, scrolled mouse over the symbols (race), placed a pickup on the map, brought up the properties window, changed pickup type to nitro, go into test mode, nothing there, no nos pickup.

Added the race resources? That's adding Race in the definitions panel right?
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:43    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Editor
Test Mode
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:51    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Start editor, (load your map,) definitions, add race, map settings, gamemodes, add race.

Maybe try to download the latest version of mta.

Check these few site:

Edit: I can make a tutorial if you want.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 22:52    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

It's ok, i fucked up on which test mode, i was using F5, doh!

Ta for the links.

If you wanna cover some basics, good tips etc, even some advanced stuff, go ahead, it's all useful.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 20:38    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Will i need to import vehicle models for the map before i upload or will you take care of that, or the server, as in automated?
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 20:59    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

I will set the car before I upload it. Tell me which car would you like to use on your map.
is the vehicle list. It is a little bit outdated. We replaced some vehicle.

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 13:36    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Thanks. Well i finished the map with the grid layout lastnight, but i don't know, something's fucked up, i'll try and explain....

It started with setting up the grid layout. I removed the two test spawns i had down and saved the map, then got to work on the 32 spawn grid. When i was finished, i saved, quit MTA, came back later, loaded the latest ver of the map, and noticed that the time of day had defaulted, so i checked in Map Settings, yep everything defaulted, including the meta, wiped.

Also Race had been removed from Gametypes. And half the objects i've layed down have simply vanished!! not showing up in test mode or editor.

I've tried numerous backups of the map, earlier versions,. but it's the same shit, objects missing, meta info gone, Race removed...

Precisely the headfuck senario i stated earlier that i wanted to avoid, and yet here we are lol
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 14:39    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

fucked up meta:

I suggest you to set the map time to 0:00. When you open your map and there is still daylight open it again. Sometimes when you open the map file it is not loading properly. I have no idea why. It happend to me few times.

missing objects:

It happens when you place too many objects in your map. Or this could be another map editor bug.
Make sure you remove the last version from your resource folder before you try backups.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 15:55    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Just spent the last few hours removing objects and replacing some of the missing ones, this included the grid layout as all cars from 4th went missing. I used the version that i removed earlier, it was the only one that loaded,.

Tested and everything's there, including meta info etc, hopefully there'll be no abnormalities when it's tested at your end, but we'll see, i'm half expecting some shit :P

Oh the models, Ford GT for the Buffalo - Audi R8 for the inf.

THanks Cse,. got there in the end!
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 21:11    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

I noticed one or two anomalies in the map since playing it a few times on the server tonight so i'm gonna edit out some objects, there are far too many barrels for starters. I can remove quite a lot, it shouldn't interfere with the amount of boomage available, i just need to get the file size down.

I'll PM u with the map when i'm done Csena, and this time i'll include all meta :P
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2011, 16:01    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

I did a clean reinstall of MTA after suspecting that i might have messed something up. Everyhting works fine now, except for this Quick Save feature where the editor saves your map every half a minute or so, it's never happened before and it's annoying as hell. Obviously i want to save the map myself and there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the editor or MTA setiings where i can disable this quick save bollocks.

Anyone encountered this before?
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Jul 2011, 15:14    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

Can anyone please make sense of this, so i can get this shit sorted >> http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-resource ... ail?r=697#
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Jul 2011, 15:17    Post subject: Re: MTA 1.0 Editor - import resources

If your map takes less then 3 seconds to save the quick safe message won't appear.
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> MTA:SA Stuff

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com