Login
    |

PS2 controller

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> MTA:SA Stuff
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Obsolete
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Mar 2016, 08:55    Post subject: PS2 controller

I recently found an old PS2 controller and USB adapter while looking through some old stuff and wondered if anyone knew how to set this up for MTA? I've tried installing the USB adapters drivers, but MTA doesn't recognise it for some reason. :roll: Any suggestions?
Profile Send private message
Bubu
SKC Full Member

Posted: 13 Mar 2016, 11:26    Post subject: Re: PS2 controller

Hey!
I have a PS4/Dualshock 4 controller which works with MTA. I had to install the and download an to make it work.
BUT because you have a Dualshock 2 controller I did some research. Assuming you have a USB adapter means that hopefully you could make it useable in the past, so that's good, because I read that a lot depends on the adapter's brand. If you have already tried updating to the latest drivers then I only have one idea:
So maybe you just forgot to select "Classic controls" or bind the buttons to actions in MTA > settings > controls/binds.

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -J.R.R Tolkien
Obsolete
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Mar 2016, 11:34    Post subject: Re: PS2 controller

For some reason when I try to bind the controls it doesn't recognise any buttos, I know that the adapter works because I got other programs to recognise it, I'll look further into it later!
dahoomy11

Posted: 14 Mar 2016, 04:00    Post subject: Re: PS2 controller

Sorry No suggestions :( but if u have ps4 controller try it < rly cool man and the ps4 controller no needed the Definitions :D I dont think so for other pc if needed the Definitions or buy xbox contoller :mrgreen:
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 15 Mar 2016, 16:54    Post subject: Re: PS2 controller

MTA only recognized Xinput controllers, so you'll need a Xinput wrapper for your PS2 controller.
ViRuS
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 2009

Posted: 16 Mar 2016, 12:20    Post subject: Re: PS2 controller

Download motioninjoy
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> MTA:SA Stuff

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com