Login
    |

something to think about

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Comments/Suggestions/Complaints
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 11:00    Post subject: something to think about

inter-servers chat:

when i played on ukcs (css) they had way to speak between 2 or even 3 their servers. they did that by starting every message with a '+'...that way message went through all servers. so could we make something to chat between dd and race server? like !+ (text here)

swap me:

when u type that there, u get chance to join other ukcs's server (if it has empty player slots ofcorse).so, a !swap command would be good;

!checkdd/!checkrc - in css u can browse servers without leaving one you play already. in mta, u cant. so, i thought, at least if i want to know if there is some1 on dd to check it somehow, without leaving race server. so after typing it, answer would be like:
<Admin> [SKC] DD(RACE) server has (number here) players right now
Profile Send private message
tru_scot
SKC Full Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 12:30    Post subject:

We used to have the first and second did we not...?

Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 12:34    Post subject:

Ye, but it completely fucked with the scripts. The playerid's got messed up which caused players on the other server to receive adminstatus when someone logged in.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Hitman
SKC Elite Member
Exceptionally fast DNS change award

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 14:00    Post subject:

wasn't that issue solved tho?
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:10    Post subject:

1 more thing i forgot to mention before:

admin message - in ukcs, type '@ (text here)' to send a circular message to all online admins....i think its much better than
/pm[SKC]TooDamnLongNickname (text here) :)
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 17:40    Post subject:

In earlier times, both servers used the same set of scripts, which allowed communicating between servers easy. But the PRS is not built for more than one servers, and problems such as the admin issue crept in.

It would be possible to build a system where you could talk to the other server, but this would be complicated and not really worth it. But because the status of the servers are saved every 60 seconds for the live feed on the site, it would be possible to gain information on the players on the other server. I will look into this one day but it's not on my list of priorities :)

As for a @ command to talk to admins, this wouldn't work in MTA. You can't suppress messages going to the chatbox, so if you did @bleh, everyone would see it anyway, which makes relaying it to the admins pointless.

Dave
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Comments/Suggestions/Complaints

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com