Login
    |

[PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Clan Wars and Battles
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 08:39    Post subject: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Here we are where to fix and plan the event, for now is just an idea. When we're sure about, am gonna make a new topic.

As I already told to morpp and SKC guys, my intention is to make a little event with short maps.

In 2013 I started a saga of maps called 7cp, with exactly 7checkpoints into each one and an average of 1min length.

With this tech you can obtain 2 things:
a) a "perfect run" map
b) a tiny "freeroam" map

(I will add a video explaination about how to make those maps soon)

----------The Tournament idea---------------

When: Somewhen between october and december
Fps: 60fps
Duration: 3 weekends MAX
Where: A dedicated server where to run each CW + 24/7 opened for TT wars and free pratice
MapPack: free for all to download, made by 7 maps per clan
Victory nominations:
- Torunament Winner (team who arrives 1st)
- MVP Average Classific (for players)
- Fastest Clan (toptimes classific)
- Fastest Player (toptimes classific)

To define:
how should work qualifies + finals; the idea is to run each phase ONLY during those 3 weekends.

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
Profile Send private message
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 10:37    Post subject: Re: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Mindstorming about number of CWs per clan + maps.

I would keep the amount of maps per team really tiny, like between 5 and 6 (not 6).

If each map is between 30secs and 1:30min long (aka: an average of 1:10 at map) in 1hour anyone could "see" the entire package easily and in 1 evening is possible to try hard at least 1/4 of the entire package (aka: clue maps).

IF we add even some restrictions to the pool of usable maps per team, that would be even easier!

Example, a rule like this (is a suggest, don't take me literally):
"Before each CW, both teams must select a pool of another team to add to their pools."
aka:
You have 8 teams
TeamA vs TeamC
TeamA choses TeamD
TeamC choses TeamE
the pool of usable maps would be: TeamA+TeamC+TeamD+TeamE
...all the rest aren't pickable for that specific cw from those two teams...
---supposing you have 5 maps for team, for that cw the map-pool would be of 20maps
...supposing each team ALREADY trained well his own pool of maps
...each team should train just 15maps... each with an average of lenght of 1min... in 1hour you can really master them all I think

Result: you will need 1hour of pratice for each cw... not bad! Effortable even just before the begin of the CW!

-------------

About the number of CWs, my idea is to run a sort of "swiss" system, aka: you play X rounds and from those you will generate a classific;

Round1 - random sorted matches
Round2 - winners vs winners / losers vs losers
Round3 - best vs best / worst vs worst
Round4 - best vs best / worst vs worst

My goal, in general, is to give to each team MIN 2cws and MAX 5cws during those 3 weeks

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

UnknowN[BR]
SKC Full Member

Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 11:17    Post subject: Re: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Yoo Docki, Nice Idea. I like 7cp maps.
I Will not play , so , if you wanna help with mapmaking, I'm here.

Kings Never Die !
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 11:37    Post subject: Re: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Great!

My only fear is about don't drag this idea into a package of freeroam maps.

Relax Rulez 8-)

ATALL

Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 08:09    Post subject: Re: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

let's see
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:28    Post subject: Re: [PLANNING] 7CP Wars

Here's explained the swiss system I had in mind... to checkout wich version would be better for this case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

Relax Rulez 8-)

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Clan Wars and Battles

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com