Login
    |

Pics of Yourself =D
Page 23 of 23Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> SKC Pic-nic
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lucapi
SKC Full Member

Posted: 06 Jun 2017, 16:28    Post subject: Re: Pics of Yourself =D

It's always a delight to debate with Cypher. He's got a great view on modern topics. And I must apologize for jumping conclusions too soon. My source (wikipedia) wasnt so great either. :/

So i've dug more deeply into the subject. Strangely, only wikipedia refers to his racism... His alcoholism on the other hand was very real.
I quote "Always a heavy drinker who ate little, he began to decline in health. His illness, cirrhosis of the liver, was not diagnosed until too late"

I agree with you about nationalism and standing up to get rid of bad people. Though I still don't think nationalism was such a good thing. It helped Ataturk to achieve his goals, but as we've seen in both world wars, nationalism is one of the biggest reasons for war. The ends may justify the means, and many countries were filled with nationalism at the time, less nationalism is always better, even back then.

The only think I fail to realize is why he is still being admired tot this very day? Sure, George Washington and MLK are still hailed in the USA, but Ataturk get's celebrated a way lot more. You convinced me he was a good man that wanted the best for Turkey and I get why he is called the "father of turks". But why is he still celebrated as Ć¼ber-turk to this very day?

All heil to the nazi admin
Profile Send private message
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> SKC Pic-nic Page 23 of 23Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com