Login
    |

Resource Map-Kick

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> DD & DM Servers
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Map-kick for DM?
Poll ended at 04 Dec 2013, 22:42
Yes 82% 82% [ 14 ]
No 0% No votes [ 0 ]
Bush 18% 18% [ 3 ]

Total votes : 17
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

MTA Nick: [SKC]botder

DM wins: 2
DM rank: 141st

Posted: 04 Nov 2013, 22:42    Post subject: Resource Map-Kick

Selected administrators can vote for a map-remove (or kick) on each round start. The vote appears on map start, when a player (un-)votes and disappears after some time. The resource will remove the map resource if the vote was successful and the players who voted for the map-kick are logged in a file to see later who was responsible.

is from CsenaHUN, who has no time to test every map for bugs and rating.

you will post your opinion in this goddamn thread.
Profile Send private message
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 00:25    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Here is the short stroy why I think we need this:
As you can see lads I uploaded about 100+ new DM maps in the last few months. When I started uploading DM maps I always tried all of them on my server and I upped the map after I was sure it is possible to reach the hunter. It was a quite long process to do. I mean it was not too long to make those maps SKC friendly (change meta settings, file names and remove few useless scripts and the music when it was more than 7Mb), but the actual testing part was really really time-consuming.
But things are changed now. There are scripts in most of the new DM maps. Which is good, because a good script can improve even an avarage map. But in the other hand it give me more things to check.
My problems are with all these scripts:
1. First I have to remove always the same files. music.lua, and those fucking palm scripts + dff, txd files. These files are always there in every single DM maps. But obviously I have to check lua files before I remove them, because sometimes there are some usefull script in it. Speedboost or teleport scripts.
2. Most of the DM mappers know nothing about scripting. I am not going to act like a pro scripter which I am clearly not, but I do know lua better than those noobs. For example there was a map with 3 defferent arrow shaders in it, but when I tested the map I have not find any. I have seen so many fucked up script that I can continue writing this list till morning.

Because all of these things I simply have no time and patience to teast (reach the hunter on) all those new maps. I also have to mention there are many difficult DM maps nowdays.

So it would be really good to have something like this resource on the server. I always post the list of the new maps, so they can test it on the server. When they think the map not good enough or it has bug they can simply remove it. I think 3 votes would be enough to remove/disable the map.

Edit:
This is an avarage DM map nowdays:

Edit2:
Before the troll army arrive! "Close the DM server" is not an option!
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 11:24    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Anything that could help DM for me is a good idea.

p.s.
Adi, what about the TW script even on DM?

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 13:27    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Dunno, I don't like the idea of rewarding points for deaths, that's what DM does. Besides I'd have to alter some of other scripts for it to work properly and i don't remember which have to be changed nor am I interested to check.
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 13:55    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
DOOM

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 14:17    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

I find myself lonely at night (my night) playing by myself practicing on DM and just playing maps that I don't choose..

If there is a way I'll go somewhere and just play maps with no one's interference :)
Tr4veleR
SKC Full Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 14:22    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

DM has many faults, for example the ghostmode, I have the ghostmode enabled and on some maps my car has an accident with a deco car :/
An4lr!tt3R
SKC Full Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 14:59    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

that's actually what makes it so amusing playing on our dm server, isnt it? that surprising moment either you do it or not :lol:
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 15:51    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Not funny if you can't finish the map due to the un-ghostmode-d decoration vehicles
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 15:59    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

ghost mode is supposed to only avoid collision with other players, otherwise you'd end up falling through the road on every map start and it would be a "last player to hit the water wins", which btw sounds more interesting than dm
An4lr!tt3R
SKC Full Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 16:33    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 19:40    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Well to be fair, if he didnt block and then act like a dick then he wouldn't be banned. So I dont see why you are defending him. Its not like he is even a funny retard, just a proper bell end.
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2013, 20:55    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Wrong thread?
Tr4veleR
SKC Full Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 13:23    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

DOOM

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 14:02    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Why don't you go around him..

i.e the skidmarks
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 14:23    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

The shortest way is the best way. Even the inbuilt ghostmode from race itself would work better/right.
An4lr!tt3R
SKC Full Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 15:46    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

trav is a liar... that pic just shows me n gini while doing some shit. cuz we had gm off
gini
SKC Full Member

Posted: 06 Nov 2013, 16:24    Post subject: Re: Resource Map-Kick

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> DD & DM Servers

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com