Login
    |

Needs some changes!

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> DD & DM Servers
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Drakx

Posted: 18 Jun 2016, 19:14    Post subject: Needs some changes!

Hi There, i need to talk something, I became active in the server but i saw something that worried me, it has few players, It is difficult to find any old player and in that time I not saw many SKC Members.

I have an opinion;
I think all very old maps should be excluded, or any 'OS'.
The majority of players that I know not agree with shortcuts, already seen several complaints! idd, use shortcut is cheating. Just imagine shortcut in a race. xD
I see many Top Times with the same person, but with different nicks, just 'spamming' top times.
Do not get me wrong, i just want to help, i love this server and our community!

It has a lot of nice people here, like Lucapi, Ryan, Neck, Scoopa, DOOM, Jini, Traveler, Icecube, Grizz, Green, Supra, Thug, Ara, Justin, Kurtz and others...

I want to see this server getting better, but need some changes,
I know it's hard, but it can be done slowly! For more players stay here!

Please , do not want to create conflict!
Sorry for something!
Sorry for my bad english guys, cya.

||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||
Profile Send private message
Servo
SKC Full Member
Winner of DD/DM championship May 2008

Posted: 18 Jun 2016, 20:05    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

DM or DD&DM and which maps (name + where the shortcut is) would help alot, so someone can fix them (not me :p)

Lucapi
SKC Full Member

Posted: 18 Jun 2016, 22:30    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Besides, just ask any mod/admin to remove double top times if you see them. We delete them if we see them, but we often overlook them or are too focussed on other things. So just alert us :)

All heil to the nazi admin
Drakx

Posted: 18 Jun 2016, 22:55    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||BR||||||||||
Abraxas

Posted: 19 Jun 2016, 09:08    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

I don't see why shortcuts are a problem or how they constitute cheating. Everyone can use them, they just have to know where they are. Just like in a lot of maps, you have to know them a bit to be able to finish them (if that's a good thing is another question). It's no different in race, btw. Plus, I don't think we should be mutilating other people's maps because we can't say for sure why they made parts of it the way they did.

Prsonally, I think shortcuts are awesome because they add another layer to a map. The objective is always to get from point A to point B in the least amount of time, right? So once you finish a map, you try to improve your time any way you can, be it by cutting corners, timing your NOS better or using a shortcut, if you can find one. And if you do find one, you can expect others to copy it which, again, adds another layer of competition. I think it would be a shame to let that go to waste by saying "Noo, you gotta play the map exactly how the mapper intended it, FU".

The fact that you're not seeing many players might be because you're from BR and that timezone is a little inconvenient for most of us.

Abra out.
VipeR-X
SKC Full Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2016, 12:10    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Earlier known as: RaMi-X
Servo
SKC Full Member
Winner of DD/DM championship May 2008

Posted: 19 Jun 2016, 12:56    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

VipeR-X
SKC Full Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2016, 15:16    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Earlier known as: RaMi-X
Abraxas

Posted: 19 Jun 2016, 18:44    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 20 Jun 2016, 14:02    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Got ya man. I started a petition and we will see the results in 2 years - you will get banned knob head!
Greenlander
SKC Full Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2016, 14:06    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Don't see much of a problem having shortcuts on DM maps either. It's challenging to find them and adds new layer of competition like Abra said.
But they definitely have to be, like the name already implies, SHORTcuts. Happens quite often a mapper starts his map a million miles up in the air to have enough space and somehow he ends up placing the hunter pickup right under the spawn location. So you are able to jump down with the right speed and angle to actually "LONGcut" the whole maps. If there are cases like that I definitely vote to edit the map in a way these cuts can't be used anymore since it just destroys the intention of the gamemode.
I would even do it myself and give it to Neck to reupload since I suppose he got lot's of other things to do.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Tr4veleR
SKC Full Member

Posted: 30 Jun 2016, 00:56    Post subject: Re: Needs some changes!

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> DD & DM Servers

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com