Login
    |

Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up!
Page 2 of 5Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Yes it would be good

yes 94% 94% [ 32 ]
no 6% 6% [ 2 ]

Total votes : 34
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:12    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

great, stay that way, dont turn it back on

back ontopic: i've changed the race resource to allow players to get in/out of their cars; this means we can have those "run to the car" races and stuff; also it means we can have custom maps that require getting out of the cars, stuff like this

anyway, you wont see any difference right now bcoz only special maps can use this, they require some settings, so if someone wanna make such a map tell me so i can reply with what you need to include in the script
Profile Send private message
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:28    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:34    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

A jag? I mean a jag! *pukes*
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:41    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

GTFO
Hitman
SKC Elite Member
Exceptionally fast DNS change award

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 16:00    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

its not just a jag, its a jaguar xj220

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

beast.. still £100k!!!!
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 16:43    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Its still a jag...
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 16:45    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ok. I agree with you guys. Lets use one classic sport car. But we have to test it first!
Adi pls send me the script. I have no good map idea with that script now, but i hope at the weekend i will got inspiration.

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 17:07    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

just use the script in your maps, doesnt need to be on a map just make resource with custom car and start in editor
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 11:53    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

here is the problem with some models, they will not work on some cars. See here the BMW rides way too high on the banshee model. might work on other cars but i need suggestions
but the dodge viper proposed for the zr350 works awesomly as a banshee

This top for list of good to go mods they are all on the server so whoever is editing maps, just include the resource in the meta: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1494&p=27049#p27049

these also dont work:
Ferrari F430 as cheetah but works a supergt
Corvette as ZR350
maclaren mercedes as super gt (has all the turning abilities of a train)
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 12:51    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I start testing too. I hope i can finish it today.
Banshee:
Dodge Viper SRT-10: it has too big wheels, handling: become more slippy.
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe: nice, handling: did not change. We can use it.

Buffalo:
Shelby GT500 Eleanor: nice, handling: The suspension is too tall. Have to find another one

Bullet:
Lotus Elise: nice, handling: bad swerve
McLaren MP4-12C: nice, handling: did not change. We can use it.

[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 14:51    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

tthx ces, saves me some time going through those, more cars added.

BTW get your svn access sorted then u can ammend the maps as well ;)
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 16:14    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ivan I will test all vehicle that you allowed to use. Just need some time coz my girl nag me to death to spend more time with her.

Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 17:11    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 20:53    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

rofl, i want that util as well

thx for that plod, will check it out

cesna dont do all the cars, check the topic that I made to see which are already tested and working
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 02:07    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Buffalo:
Shelby GT500 Eleanor: nice, handling: The suspension was too tall, but working fine with Plod's util. (Body Position Up: -0.15 or -0.1. I don't remember exactly which one. ) We can use it. Ty Plod! You saved this model. :)

Comet:
Porsche Cayman S: handling: same. But dont use it coz the driver's foot sticks out on the bottom of the car. lol Maybe we can fix it with Plod's util, but we already have one fine comet.

Flash:
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ken Block: handling: same. We can use it. (Ivan's shrinked version)

Phoenix:
Pontiac Trans Am 77: handling: working fine whit Plod's util (same problem as Elenor). we can use it. Ivan try shirk the txd if it is possible.

Here is the 3 cars what we can use:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmmpyz33ta88i1x

Sentinel?
Jester?

I have a question. When I use custom cars in my maps I have to use this command in every spawnpoint: upgrades="0" The wheels of the vehicles does not change if I do not use it and the game uses the original wheels. So, if we use the code, which Ivan wrote, it modifies the wheels of the vehicles?

I did not get your message Plod. I would need that util very much though. :)

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 09:25    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

thx ces, nah the wheels stay the same when i CPed my maps. its only when u test it in editor that you get upgrades. I shrink all the cars that are put on the server so dont worry

sentinel, BMW M3/5
Jester thats blatantly a supra! ;)
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 10:07    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Turismo:
Ferrari F40: when i loaded the mode it had fucking big wheels, like monster truck. :) Fixed with Plod's util. (Body Position Right: -0.01, Wheel Scale Radius: 1.125) Handling: same. We can use it.
Mediafire not working yet. http://www.easy-share.com/1911363575/turismo.zip

Update:
See this one too Ivan. It looks better.
Ferrari F40: Same problem, fixed with Plod's util (Wheel Scale Radius: 1.125). Handling: same.
http://www.easy-share.com/1911364151/turismo.zip

Update 2:
Hotring Racer:
1972 DeTomaso Pantera: works fine. we can use it.
http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... 1&orderBy=

Last edited by Csena[HUN] on 18 Jul 2010, 12:01, edited 4 times in total.
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 10:24    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

i'll add it but i think it looks ugly from the back. Also plod or sum1 is it possible to put together a packege of all custom models so people can download on here and unpack it all on their comp. So they dont have to wait to download in game?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 16:59    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1494&p=27049#p27049 and start editing
runman
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 21:16    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

richkid told me he wanted more cars with the koeningsegg in it !! HE FUCKING LOVES THAT CAR !!!!

People die when they are killed
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jul 2010, 21:36    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

fuck off plz this is a serious race forum :lol: kognigsegxxxxviking has been added as an option to replace infernus.

BTW handling in editor is very different to handling on the server why is that?
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 08:56    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

i think that is bcoz the editor uses random car mods (unless you edited the race resource not to), the server doesnt; try opening the admin panel, double click on the race resource and set autopimp to false

it might also be bcoz you got different fps setting on your server

EDIT: ok, i've done some changes in the 'Let Me Out' resource; the resource that allows you to build maps where players can get out of their cars and stuff

if you want a map that can do that add this in the meta.xml file of the map: <include resource="letmeout" />

this will make the map compatible with that; this will make the players start on their feet, without any cars; you will still have to add the spawnpoints as cars in the editor, but in-game it will just be the player, no car; just add normal vehicles on the map where is needed; players will be able to enter them using F (the original key bind for this); ENTER will still kill you
note: players are able to pick checkpoints on foot too

now about the bugs: if you die while on foot you will respawn in the car, in its last position; ill work on this one..

another visual bug is that i cant make the player get out of the car using the normal animation, dunno how to do that; getting out of the car is just instant out, and the player actually stays on the ground, not colliding with the car; apparently cars dont have collisions if you are on foot

i think this is all; report any other bugs here
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 13:04    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=4224
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 17:20    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

What will we do now? HT added the new infernus (Jaguar) to GrandValley Speedway, but the handlig is like banshee. Is it problem or continue the addition of the vehicles?

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 18:52    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

that is a problem yes

there is a resource on race server called race-cdc and it contains some handling script, what is that?!

Actually tried it in editor and on that map it hadles pretty much the same as server =/
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 20:37    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

oh if its one of the drifty handling nascar cars then thats why its so slidey.....i forget but i think its the first out of the 3 nascars thats the good one...

But i dont mind drifting....:P

I would prefer it as stock infernus handling though, just have a few super fast cars like impreza and gallardo for special occasions.

Seems like simplest way to do this actually, have stock handling custom models that look nice, and some super-fast cars for some maps...

Then you could have a nice looking Buffalo on WuZiMu but keep it the same
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 19 Jul 2010, 20:47    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

you can actually use buffalo01 http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... d0b86c1082 handling is the same

but yea something needs to be done, I know plod or sum1 can do something with that jag handling to match the original infernus :)
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 18:50    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

2 new models, finally a good replacement for sultan. Both have original SA handling

cheetah02 http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... 7f3d4cd9e3

sultan02 http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... entid=3732
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Jul 2010, 22:00    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Sanchez:
KTM SX 250: http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... 0&orderBy= works good.

Hunter:
Kamov Ka-50 Black Shark http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... entid=2036 works fine.
AH-64A Apache http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... =downloads works fine.
BF 2142 Heli http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... =downloads works fine.

Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 15:57    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

vehicle-cheetah01 (Ferrari Testarossa '91) not working for me. I tryed 3 times in ridgeracer map, but mta crashed.

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 22 Jul 2010, 20:35    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

works for me mate, insert the line in the meta just before the <settings> tag. Map uploaded
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 16:54    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... entid=1695 new mesa

a friggin awesome sandking http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta- ... -mods/1514
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 12:13    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Awesome!

And can we add stock vehicle names next to the map name onscreen?

With custom car models I dont know what im driving half the time lol

So in bottom left it would look like:

FPS: 40
MAP: GrandValley - Infernus
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 15:16    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

shit buffalo, infernus replaced, new flash added. check out custom models topic for more
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 15:46    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

also to add to HTs point can we plz ban all manner of shit coloured cars. maybe even come up with our own pallette of colours?
Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 20:25    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Press P, select 'Resources' tab, double click on race, and change vehicle colours
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 22:44    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

thx, is that the 'colour' resource on the server, so the colours are now completely random each time?
Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 22:54    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

colour resource does headlights.

Did you change the vehicle colours, or what?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:32    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

well i did what you said and then double clicked "vehicle colours" and changed the value to 'file' is that correct? now where do i modify this file to have moar colours?
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:50    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 18:52    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

You can also type in a selection of colours. So if you wanted black, white and pink, enter: 0,1,126

Colours to choose from: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Vehicle_Colors (Some look a bit different in game)
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 19:15    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

can we make our own as well because those are way too dull?
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jul 2010, 20:21    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

No you can't.
Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 00:34    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Some of the colours can look quite a bit different in game. These are the colours we used to have, which seemed to be the most non-dull:
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 10:12    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

you can always try colors numbered over 126 and see what you get..
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 15:08    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

lol 144 and 146 are nice
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Jul 2010, 20:13    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

http://gta-worldmods.t-n-network.de/php ... 9ad4a24730

a much better hotring ID502 and bullet02 is now a ford GT
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 19:17    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

give us a shout if u want more cars or a model that hasnt been used.

btw whats the name of the map where u start on mopen in Las Vegas and there are 3 pick ups in front of you, a jester, a sultan and an elegy?

Edit another replacement for phoenix added dodge challenger
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 30 Jul 2010, 22:57    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

lv sprint i think
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 02 Aug 2010, 19:52    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

how do I make script to show text through out a map in lower left corner. for example the car name?
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server Page 2 of 5Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com