Login
    |

Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up!
Page 3 of 5Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Yes it would be good

yes 94% 94% [ 32 ]
no 6% 6% [ 2 ]

Total votes : 34
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 09:36    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Just got to say you guys are doing a fine job with the custom models,i think i sat n played with a hard on last night for about 3 hours its like a new game realy nice details on the models too it makes the original gta models look like they have just come from the scrapyard,so far the M3 GTR n the nissan(dakar rally one) that took over the sandking are my favs but they are all awesome,real good progress guys i take my hat off to you.
Profile Send private message
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 12:55    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

vehicle-turismo01 451 Ferrari F40 I know I suggested this model, but we should change it. This one is a bit ugly.
I tested this one and it works fine with Turismo:
Ferrari Enzo Novitec Handling is the same, size is good.

vehicle-banshee02 429 TVR Sagaris works good with Banshee

Ivan: I sent a pm to you. I made the two resource.

vehicle-hotknife01 434 Ford Hot Rod 1932 Size is a bit big (5.55 Mb), but it is works good

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 15:03    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I would love to see this on server one of the best british cars ever (vehicle-banshee02 429 TVR Sagaris Link works good with Banshee) ,any Ascari's or noble's kicking around would love to see the KZ1 n noble M14
Edit- KZ1 http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=cat&id=359
cant find any noble's but the lancias look nice
http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=cat&id=228
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 18:22    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ascari KZ-1 Tryed it with some different sportcar. Works good but it has a small ugly bug:
You can see on the pic the wheel is bugged. If Ivan can fix this smal annoying bug we can use it.
btw vehicle-phoenix01 603 Pontiac Trans Am 77 has wheel bug too. The side part of the wheel does not appear. I have no idea what is the problem with the wheels coz the txd file contain the texture. :S

[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 20:49    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

added quite a few cars 2 new infernuses new tursmo and new banshee.

that wheel bug is annoying yes and is to do with the model and not the textures unfortenetly :( so cant fix.

also that mustang you pm'ed is great ces but has a paintjob, i'll add it but if you can tr to get cars with no paintjob otherwise looks a bit silly on the server with many people. thx
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Aug 2010, 22:43    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I pm'ed you this one. It has 4 different paintjob, but you don't have to use them. Just use the infernus.txd file. This does not contains the paintjobs.
I already made the resource:
vehicle-infernus07 411 Mustang GT
I tested it with almost all sportscars, so does not have to be infernus.

Hotring Racer:

Models are cool, but the size is a bit huge. :S
Just for fun:
Tested all of the hotring models. All works good. Herbie a little unstable in the city, but works good on custom maps (tested on Monza Grand Prix map).
HT said most of Hotring maps use Hotring Racer 2 car (id502).

Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 12:12    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Any chance we can have an overlay on the screen that shows the original car name?

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 12:35    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ivan working on this project.
Edit: I made it. I upload it only for all vehicle-infernus (text.lua file and this line in the meta file: <script src="text.lua" type="client" />). If you like it i will make it for all models. Tested with 3 different resolution.
I can change the font syle, color and the size, but the position is fix.

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 21:02    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

yep deffo on the right track. I'm working on that, well I asked plod how to do it cos i am a noob. The script you used for example always shows 'infernus' regardless of the vehicle used so might get messy on some maps.

Maybe its better to have it in the same font and style as the map name and just above it in the lower right corner?

infernus added. also i tried those nascar cars before. thought they were huge but might as well use them now :)
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2010, 23:48    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

shit shit shit. I know what is the problem. :S When the map use two or more custom model all original vehicle name loading at the same time. btw I uploaded it to all vehcile that is on your list. There are just a few races where more more custom model loading. I hope Plod can fix the script.
Can we use the Mustan GT asvehicle-turismo01? Just throw off the ugly Ferrari F40.

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 12:05    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

yea dont worry its not like the server crashed. he already cooked up a script. it's in my pm box. Yea will do all that once I get home. just need to find another model to replace turismo new model that is)
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 20:37    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

car names added with proper script, feel fre to make it look awesome again cesna. The script is now in car.lua (less files that way) :)
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Aug 2010, 22:28    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Good work but maybe put it somewhere a bit more easier to see,under the timer at top centre would be nice.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 00:55    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Select which one! The size and font same as map name.

If you want the first font what I used that have to be bigger than this. With this size (7) not possible to read it.

Last edited by Csena[HUN] on 06 Aug 2010, 15:35, edited 3 times in total.
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 15:16    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

lol all i see is this:

Imageshack plz :)
Plodders
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 15:34    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Don't forget to test at 800x600.
I've a feeling that at the bottom, the car text may overlap the map name.
And at the top it will merge into the chatbox text.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 18:29    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

With 800*600 resolution there is no enough space for a long text like this. We should use only the original vehicle name.
But I wait for the proposals. Top or bottom?

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 06 Aug 2010, 18:56    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

i vote bottom and sure, change the name if its too long. Dont bother doing all of them just to save some time.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 01:30    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

It was a good idea put the fps counter to ther place. This is the final version. Tested with 3 different resoilution. Works good.
Hunter, NRG500 and Sanchez have no "Car:"

humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 11:31    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I havent had time to do anything this week, but the 150 or-so maps changed last week seem to have had the desired effect :D

20 players all friday night until midnight! Omg racing awesomeness!!!

7 infernus models and not a single RangeRover Sport though, im disappointed! Apart from custom races and stock races, another solid race type is offroad.....ok alot of offroad maps are sandking, but theres probably 50% offroad maps in 'other' 4x4 models, maybe as much as 100 maps with those crappy GTASA models using various stock 4x4 vehicles.

Id be happy changing all these into one RangeRover Sport model....ok maybe a Toyata HiLux too for variety :D

But yeh, great work and im gonna start doing maps today working back from where I left off last week.

I have tried to find a better way to find a list of all maps using a certain car though, WinXP seems incapable of searching inside map files to find the lines of text. Can Win7 search for them? So youd search all map files for vehicle="579" for all RangeRover Sport maps?

That would really help when finding the last maps in there that we can change to a specific custom model.
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 11:38    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I just had a friggin awesome idea and it's loads better than any of yours :lol: </joke>

take the nurburgring 24h map. make another one but this time instead of a van replace spawnpoints with all sports cars and use the F1 handling script along with custom car models ofcourse.

now if we have 7 infernuses for example at the start grid how do you get (scriptwise) each spawnpoint to use a different versioin of infernus. so:

player 1 infernus uses vehicle-infernus01
player 2 infernus uses vehicle-infernus02
player 31 infernus uses vehicle-icomet01
player 32 infernus uses vehicle-icomet02

how does that sound?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 12:13    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

yep HT will add those cars once I get home. Don't know about the search thingy though =/

Actually google reveals: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=h ... e07f1cc2a8

so i'd try this one first
http://www.technospot.net/blogs/how-to- ... ary-files/
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 13:37    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 13:49    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 13:50    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2010, 15:44    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

many offroad cars added, go look at list
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 10:21    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

vehicle-monster01 444 Need cut the txd file.

vehicle-monster02 556 Need cut the txd file.

vehicle-monster03 557 Need cut the txd file.
And we can use this one too:

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 11:06    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

just use notepad++ for searching inside files, always works for me
i also agree with changing the shark logo into something that says 'Race' more than 'funny sharks around'
TD Mystic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 14:14    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Aah, common man! The shark is epic!
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 14:26    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Compromise, an infernus sticking out of the sharks mouth :P
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 14:29    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

humantraffic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 15:14    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2010, 18:56    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I finished the spawnpoint list. I will make the vehicle change thing too.

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 09 Aug 2010, 20:48    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

list updated. Cars on other maps like cesna's WRC have been moved to a separate resource to allow F7 reloading when textures are missing, monsters added. Will no go through and optimise some models as there is a way to open even locked DFFs :D

Also a model to replace the testorossa cheetah01 would be nice
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2010, 15:46    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

I just did the start of nurburgring24 and just completed the small gp circuit part.

Anyone know if its possible to move all objects at once?

Now the circuit looks so nice the heavy clouds get in the way, i think the clouds were used to hide the object"popup"? but now it looks awesome and the trees do that job and the clouds ruin it

also if its possible to move the map, then it should be possible to move the short version also to match it?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2010, 18:57    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

to move stuff:

-go to server and copy the 'mmove' resource to your resource folder
-start it in editor 'start mmove'
-open up both nurburgring 24 and nurburgring gp maps in notepad and find a part that is common to both. maybe it's track01, cant remember.
-look at the positions in x, y and z
-find the difference in the posiions. so you'll get [1, 50, -30] for example
- go to editor and move the gp track by typing in console 'move 1, 50, -30'
-save the map as something else.
-open it in notepad
-copy the tree lines over to nurburgring24.map
-done
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2010, 19:13    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

humantraffic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 10:31    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

i worked out the difference of a main part, start mmove, and move 1087, 1824, 136 doesnt do anything?

do i have to type it out with pos x pos y pos z? or use " "?
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 10:48    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Mass object mover:: http://community.mtasa.com/index.html?p ... ils&id=179

humantraffic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 12:23    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ok adi i typed mmove coords in console but it gives error?

error: mmove.lua8: attempt to perform arithmatic on local dx (a string value)

these are the difference values of bonaventurasGL_LAN (1)

mmove -186.67197949219, 1824.982921875, -667.3349809375
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 12:25    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

dont use commas between coords, just /mmove -186.67197949219 1824.982921875 -667.3349809375
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 21:13    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

yes thx adi. sorry about the commas, no commas just

'mmove 10 50 30' or move instead of mmove cant remember which.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2010, 13:27    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

as usual, settings stored on your local pc, you dont have to always set them; if you find any bugs, please post them
:mrgreen: enjoy :mrgreen:
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2010, 13:55    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Awesome just what we need.no more pink!
adi or plod any way we can utilise this? ADDS (not replaces) cars in gta
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=298780
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2010, 18:17    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2010, 19:11    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

nah man thats all the same just different cars.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Aug 2010, 16:57    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

This custom color and headlight looks cool. Can we use custom horn too?
For example this: only 49KB

Last edited by Csena[HUN] on 22 Aug 2010, 01:49, edited 4 times in total.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 00:20    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

Awesome :lol:

Maybe limit it to the monster truck or buggy, otherwise it'll soon become annoying.
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 01:49    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 07:16    Post subject: Re: Our Racing server is old and dusty; Lets shake things up

you cant change the horn, you can only add a sound over it
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server Page 3 of 5Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com