Login
    |

Server problem, explained in Screenie, and mumbled words.

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
{D00M}

Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 11:09    Post subject: Server problem, explained in Screenie, and mumbled words.

What's happening forum :D

Anyways, it's been a couple of days now, maybe 2 weeks, not sure, that I've noticed a couple of "changes" to the SKC Race server. I'm not much of a talker(unless I am driving in the server 8) ) so I attached a screenshot(see top) and a couple of text there to do most of the explaining.

Main concern is the perpetually visible High Ping seen at the bottom, and the server-chat spam seen at the top left corner. My guess for the chat spam is that it is supposed to force GM on for those with less than 21 FPS and I am guessing in addition with someone who has higher than 250 Ping too? or something?(though the latter wasn't mentioned).

BTW, I live in New Zealand, so there's no way I can reduce my ping, and FYI, the Race server is the only SKC server that won't kick me out cause of high ping. I usually play with ghostmode whenever I can cause my high ping can cause a car-sync problem with other players on the server(ie. Their position on their MTA will be different from how I perceive them, causing unintentional ramming). Downside is I have high stats, but low points cause of the Ghostmode thingy :( :'( ... oh well... Image

I am a frequent player on the Race Server, and I would appreciate my server aesthetics to be improved. :)

Don't even think of tl;dr'ing this :evil:

-D00M :drunken: :alien:
(PS: I am not the only one experiencing it)
Profile Send private message
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 13:38    Post subject: Re: Server problem, explained in Screenie, and mumbled words

Fixed the message spam, the high ping picture stop showing up after 15 seconds now.

Maximum ping currently is 200, minimum fps is 20. (both averages)
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 14:48    Post subject: Re: Server problem, explained in Screenie, and mumbled words

tl;dr

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
{D00M}

Posted: 19 Nov 2011, 01:29    Post subject: Re: Server problem, explained in Screenie, and mumbled words

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com