Login
    |

SKC TeamWars

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 12:33    Post subject: SKC TeamWars

Hello, SKC TeamWars (TW) is finally up and running on it's own.
I'm still testing/changing things about it but it pretty much works.

For those of you who do not know what it is, it's a new "Teams vs Teams" racing Event pack for our server.
There are no rewards for winning such events atm, though i might add some in the future, probably not points. These evens will NOT collide with MW, that is a separate event.

The "pack" is made of 5 different events atm. 2 of them are started automatically by scripts, every 2 hours. They last for 30 minutes and maps are not restricted. Admins can still set/redo/change maps during it. The other 3 events are "custom" events, they can only be started by a couple of admins, Docki will most probably have powers over who should be able to do this, since it was his idea :)

The points system used is this: 1 point for each beaten player from a DIFFERENT team; afk players will not count; maps with just 1 cp will also not count; gm ON = half points.

Now about the events. Here is the list and how they work.

Automated events:
- random teams - this is quite simple: the script creates as many as 6 teams and places players randomly in them; the only rule is each team must have the same number of players; after each map if there is a team that has 2 or more players and another then one player is moved to balance the teams (the script will NEVER move the player with the best tw score from the full team); joining players will also be randomly put in teams and you cannot leave these teams; also team leaders ( [L] ) will be assigned automatically based on our monthly championship points; these leaders' only power is they can start a vote to change the team's name

- pre-made teams - players get to create their own teams and invite/kick whoever they want; however there will be a player limit/team; only registered users can have teams; the event will only actually start after 2 maps, to give people enough time to manage their teams.

Custom events. These events have a maplist set by whoever started the event. Maps cannot be changed during it.
- current scoreboard (event will show up as simply 'custom' in-game) - current teams are used as shown on the scoreboard + a new team is created for players without a team: "The Rest"

- FreeForAll - this isn't actually a TvT event but Docki wanted it so here it is; it's simply a PvP event with a set maplist

- pre-made teams - this is the same as with the automated event except it has a set maplist and the admin who starts it can also change the players limit/team

You will also notice the TW Scores in the scoreboard during the evens along with an " [L] " marking team leaders.
The GUI for these events can be displayed with the /teams command.

This is about it. If there's anything unclear or you have ideas for more events to add to the list go ahead and let me know.
Profile Send private message
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 18:23    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Awsome resource Adi. Well Done!

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 18:50    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Superb!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 19:16    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

<3 Adipop :)

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
ViRuS
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 2009

Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 15:09    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

yeah man, well done ;) lets try it now :)
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 09:05    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Well so far so good, apparently players seem to dig it, except for one thing: rewards.
I'm working on that now and here's how i see it: player win TW Points for participating/winning.
They can then use these points to buy some stuff, don't have a proper finished list yet but so far i was thinking of:
- uses for our admins-only sound commands; ex. buy 2x gum, they get to use /gum 2 times
- SetNextMap: i saw several players asking for this and i was thinking of adding it to the race server too; ofc the price for it will be significantly higher than the sounds

Each item will have its own pricing. As for the rewards i was thinking:
- at the end of a TW each player who did not leave the server will win the total amount of points they got in that tw
- then the top 6 teams will get a set amount of points, spread throughout its players based on their contribution

Maybe another item to buy could be a special icon next to their nicks, as we currently have the medals/star for the monthly winners/secret race winners.

Any thoughts, ideas?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 09:59    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

seems complicated, how about we skip the buying stage altogether. Example:

- I have got 100 points
- I use /fist
- I now have 90 points
- I use /setnextmap
- I have 0 points
- I use /fist
- I am informed that I am pointless noob and cannot afford it
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 10:10    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Call it cash instead of points, so it's obvious u can buy stuff.
I like Ivan's idea of skipping the buying stage. We just have to make sure there's a pricelist with all available commands and their respective cost.

I don't really understand how the points are rewarded. You get points based on your own performance and then some more points based on how well your team did? Yet those points from the team are also handed out based on how much you contributed? Can't we just stick to the team points?

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 10:32    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

What can you do with points anyways? Eat them?
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 10:40    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

We defenatelly need custom horns.

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 11:06    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Didnt we have that at some point?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 11:19    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

yes, mine was set to silent
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 12:19    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

I like Ivan's idea too, no more buying.

As about the points earned, here's an example:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2nhqpt0.jpg

Here i got 85 points and my team is first with 240.
Saying the prize for 1st team place is 150 TW Cash i'd win 85 + (85 / 240) * 150 = 85 + 53 = 143 points.
So the formula would be: my_points + (my_points / team_total) * place_prize.

Anyway if it was to stick to just either team or personal points only then i'd suggest personal points since teams can be changed so the contribution might not be correct.
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Apr 2013, 17:44    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

I wouldn't make it so complicated.
How about giving every member of the winning team(s) a fixed cash price. Say $500
In addition to that you could give the top 3 players (based on a individual points) a cash bonus.
1) $500
2) $250
3) $125

Makes it easy enough to understand and you know in advance how much u can earn.

When balancing teams you should probably try to move the players with the least amount of points. Like that you can do a few races, score some points and then be practically guaranteed to stay with the same team for the remainder of the war.

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 07:48    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Well, when balancing players it never moves the player with the most points for that team, it's always one from the other players in that team. Why i didn't want to make it move the one with the least amount is bcoz then that's not really balancing, is it? Moving the player with the least contribution to the team with not enough players.

I guess i could have the script record the contribution for any teams; so if one gets 30 points for the winning team but in the meantime he got moved to another team where he got 60 points he would win cash amount for how much those 30 points counted in the end AND get cash for the 60 points for his current team.

Now we'll need to make this "economy" work. I guess 500,400,300,200,100,50 cash awarded for top6 teams. That's a total of 1550 Cash. And maybe 150,100,50 cash for top3 players. So a total of 1850 cash/TW. A top player can get as much as 200-300, while an average one can get 100-200. If we price the sounds at 50-300 range then i think it might go well.

We'll also have to come up with a list of sounds and prices. We don't have to add every single sound to the list. The list with available sounds will also be shown in-game; i already set the gui for that, its in the /teams menu.

We'll also have to figure some rewards for admins, since we're not gonna limit their access to these.

EDIT: if it's still too complicated i can always add the "assumed rewards" to the /teams menu as the event is going; so every1 can see how much cash he would get if the event were to end now; and after each map that info is updated, so you'd know exactly how much you will get
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 09:54    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

for the pricing, think of it this way; What would you expect to be able to do if you got 1st place overall? setnextmap + play 2 sounds

If you are an average player in an average team? play sound

If you are somebody like me? use the chatbox as before
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 16:39    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Ok, the first successful test run with the new system just ended. Here's how i did:
- these were the teams at the end

- this is what i earned:

I got 602 TW Cash without too much of a hustle. What do you think?
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 17:12    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Shouldnt the teams be a bit bigger? Like 5 or 6 players?
Like that u need to move less players. Or wasn't that an issue?

What's up with the .5 points?

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 18:14    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

The script always goes for 6 teams of at least 2 players; as you can see the teams are quite balanced as player numbers; on each map start it checks so there are no teams with 2 or less players than another team. I can make it for 5 if you think that's better, its no problem.

The .5 points is due to GM; gm on = half points;
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 Apr 2013, 19:48    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Didn't the players get moved around a lot with 6 teams?

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 07:10    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

That depends. Only players from full teams get moved and the player with the most team points never get moved. Besides, even if they get moved they still get cash if their old team wins some.

Say you have a total of 100 points; 30 points you got while racing for Team B and 70 in team D.
You will win cash from Team B's prize + cash from Team D's prize + Personal prize (if you are in top3 players)

In the 2nd screenshot i posted you can see my cash reward pm:

[TW] TeamWars (random teams) Ended. You got: 602.66 TW Cash. 452.66 (Team E) 150 (1st)

It even shows where your cash comes from. My Team E finished 1st so it got 500 Cash from which 452.66 were my contribution. If i also had scored 30 points for say Team A (2nd team place) i would also get 30 points worth from the 400 Cash that team got.

So even if you get moved your contributions for past teams will still earn you Cash. You can even check in the /teams menu Winnings tab, during the event, how much Cash you would earn at that time.
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 07:32    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Okay so the system works. I say that instead of bumping the prices on the rewards, just reduce the amount won to 50%. Then we can say:

- Changemap 100
- sound 50
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 08:08    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Ye i thinking 50% winnings is good; what about the sound prices, should all sounds cost the same?
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 08:30    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

yea just keep it simple
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 12:46    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Ok, the system is online; only sound commands work for now; setting net map not yet.

Also i just thought of another issue; pre-made TW's don't usually have big enough teams, i think these rewards are a little too big for this kind of events; what do you think?
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 12:58    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Can't we simply complex a bit the formula for Cash pts?

Cash = Pts gained x Maps played / n

n = fixing parameter, to balance the amount

n = 1, rush hour (playble maybye with server full?), full pts
n = 0.5, x2 cash, only for special days
n = 2, default value

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 13:10    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

Can I ask for a specific gadget?

/toprun map_name

That command will automatically starts a x3 streak of the map_name. At difference of nextmap gadget, you can set a toppy even if ghosted.

All maps with /mw no option are NOT allowed to be /toprun-ed.

Relax Rulez 8-)

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 13:21    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 14:39    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

in pre-made teams max players/team is 5; but yes, there can be 5v1; i guess in this event i can scale it based on total players in teams
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 May 2013, 10:48    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

bump

Ok, this has been working for a while, except for setting next map. Im adding /setnextmap for everyone now

So, you got any opinions, is the current rewards/pricing ok?
mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 May 2013, 11:24    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

A system, which avoids that one map is played too often.
For example, it's only allowed to set the same map 3 times in a row.
Haky

Posted: 06 May 2013, 13:36    Post subject: Re: SKC TeamWars

nice 1
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com