Login
    |

Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 08 Jun 2012, 00:53    Post subject: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Quick guide, how to use this topic.

1) Specific the COMPLETE NAME of the map
2) IF is possible post a screenshot (or, at least, explain good the bug)
3) Read the below FAQ before reply...

At least we are 4 always ready makers able to fix bugs. Collaborate to have only good, fixed and updated maps it's a good goal for us.

Give to us your eyes, in few days you will see or a fix or an aswer to you.

Here a map with zone names to help you to say to us the exactly position where you saw something.

You can also use this topic to ask what maps you wanna see DELETED. Just put a good reason in this case.

<-------------------->

Allowed bug to report.
- This map causes me to lag. (post it to us, we will discuss why and how to fix it)
- This map have one or more checkpoints with wrong size or bad placed
- This map have an object placed really bad
- This map have an impossible toptime
- This map is made by SyS
- I can't see good checkpoints on that map
- Nos or repairs aren't working
- Killer respawn: if i die, i will respawn into a position who causes me to die again and I enter in loop
- Bugged spawnpoint: not fair placement or issues when the map start (like car stuck in graphic, bumping, exploding, etc)
- This map have too much nos
- The custom car model is not good for that map (example: Bugatti Veyron Infernus used into loops maps = fail, coz it doesn't have enough HP to manage all damage of loops)
- This map haven't enough space for 32 players
- First corner of that map is a carnage in 32 players!
- Dockinoke have a better toptime than Puuks on that map
- Vehicle changes causes bugs (stuck in the graphic, bumping, flipping)

<-------------------->

FAQ

Q: The map doesn't charge, am continuing falling into the water! WTF is a 6mb download?!?
A: Wait untill the download is finished, is the 3D custom map loading. You have to do it only once. Next times you will have that map ready to play (lose 1 race for a loading is nothing).

Q: This custo circuit is bugged: I fall into the road like it was not solid and can't finish the map.
A: It's NOT a map bug, it's an MTA bug of your client. Try to reconnect, or quit the game and rejoin. Or empty the cache of MTA for this specific map. Or... simply wait until next map. Sometimes appens, it's a game issue.

Q: When i get a motorbike vehicle change checkpoint or pickup my car flips into the nowhere of the map and can't do a landing. WTF have this map?
A: Game bug, to be honest i don't fucking know why... in any chase is not the map. Try the same solution of the previous FAQ.

Q: I can't fly with Hydra... it works like an helicopter. This map sucks!
A: Have you ever played GTA single player before? You just need to use num8 num2 to command the engine settings of the hydra, from change from vertical fly to normal fly.

Q: After the jump I always landing bad, those jumps are shit. Bugged map!
A: Do you know air control? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgrv5iTsSM here's a tutorial...

Q: When I run at full speed after the bridge from Palomino Creek to Fisher Lagoon, the car flips witouth a reason, like an invisible object hits the car. Fix it!
A: We can't, it's a bug of GTA. You can try the same in single player, if you arrive on this road staying to the right it appens. Dunno why

Q: Map of crap, I did a toptime but doesn't sign it! I was ghosted! Why doesn't work?
A: We desn't register ghosted toptimes in statistics. We register it if you press F5, marked as a ghosted toptime anyway. (this helps a lot toptimers for test seasons). Btw, it's NOT a map bug, but a server setting.

Q: Why we're playing always this map for 3 or 4 times? What bug have the serve with it?
A: It's me or another admin running a streak of the same map for three possible reasons:
-test it
-trying a toptime run
-the map is addicting for all (example: Get Out 1, HopIt, Crane Traffic 3, Olympic Jump, Random Romp)
Usually we doesn't run the same map more than 4 times in a row. If you don't like that, gently notice to us and we will do that into another moment.

Q: this map is bugged, i can't finish it!
A: or you don't know the map enough, or you need more patience and improve your skills. We doesn't upload maps where you need to do the "perfect line or die" like in DM. Only few of our maps are a bit harder, the rest is all noob-oriented (aka: ANY person can finish it)

Q: this map is bugged, i remember it during day, but i played it during night too!
A: it's our weather script, changes day-time and sky

Q: FUCKING BUGGED MAP! WHO IS THIS SHOTING FAG?!?!
A: Secret bonus hidden into it. We had this insane abitude of put some secret Hunter on some of our maps, just to have some moments of madness. Rare for us doing that, but we can...

Q: Why this idiot with a plane is continuing destroy me into this map? Who projected this shit?!?
A: I will ban you soon... it's called BOOMAGE map, where we use Stuntplanes or other kind of kamikaze moves for stop other racers. (also can be a sort of Cop-vs-Robber map)

Q: I spawned into a rhino/rustler/firetruck and i can't finish this bugged map! What a shit!
A: It's a cop-vs-robber map, you CAN'T finish it, you just have to KILL each other player and prevent, with all your forces, to all others to finish this map.

Q: KB Skate Park is a shit map
A: Burn yourself and use your ash like sand for cats...

Q: This map is too fast! wtf is wrong wit it?
A: F1 handling applied on that map, you can reach insane speed like 360kmh or more. For your happyness, we using this script only on maps projected for this purpose... you just need to pratice it

Q: It's not fair! Admins knows bugs of the map like shortcuts.
A: You have two solutions:
-learn those shortcuts you too and USE it
-if, for you, it's too much unfair, report it here and we will discuss about

Q: Idiot map, rainy/foggy
A: We have like 3 maps with fog/rain: Crane Traffic (fog), Hard Rain, The Panopticon (rain). On the rest NO FOG AND NO RAIN, so don't worry: were putted online on purpose and are only THREE maps with it.

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
Last edited by Dockinoke on 25 Jul 2012, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Send private message
Cortez
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 20083rd place in Race championship February 20103rd place in Race championship March 2010

Posted: 14 Jun 2012, 00:36    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

in the map "Chokepoint" There is a spawn under the map
SyS-Req
Forum Mod - SKC Leader
Winner of Race championship March 20083rd place in Race championship July 2008Winner of Race championship September 20082nd place in Race championship October 2008Winner of Race championship January 2009Winner of Race championship March 20093rd place in Race championship May 2009
2nd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship March 20112nd place in Race championship April 2011Winner of Race championship May 2011Winner of Race championship October 20113rd place in Race championship November 2011

Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 13:07    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

for the past 2 weeks that in all F1 circuits am getting bugged and i think its always the same object!! i ve reinstallled my mta but it keeps not loading !! any sugestions?

Mrs.Cortez
SKC Full Member

Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 21:15    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Hi !

Map : Random Romp

My car morphed into a "walking CJ" after boat, and with that, i cant take nos and repair :s

it's normal ?
Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 21:34    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Porsche cup 07 (name may not be 100% correct) this map has no RS
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 23:08    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 25 Jul 2012, 11:05    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Don't forget to notice maps you wanna see DELETED from the server!
(with a good reason)

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 09 Aug 2012, 06:37    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

DELETED following maps:
-Air2Flip
-Metropolis Race 1
-Tramway Express
-Rocks FFS
-Shrinky LS
-Street Circuit 1
-Xerionator
-Holy Crap, Docki!
-Rats
-End
-Daytona
-The Badge 8
-City Run BLUE
-City Run ORANGE
-Run Hard
-Abu Dhabi (finish it or re-build, but this way sucks balls)
-OnlyRoads Ganton
-The Wierd Map
-Airplane Docki v2
-Barilla (old)
-Boring Times
-dumped
-eight ls
-Rocky Road

(most are all my maps, just to know)

To delete:
-The Farmer (in maybye)
-SF Bay Jumpathlon (not sure if i simply will fix the start ro delete the whole map)
-5Lap 8Track (lag attack)
-6Lap Hotring (fix the start or delete)
-Bullet Theory (weird lines between lammposts, weird jump)
-Carpark Mess (chaotic map)
#Close Racing series:
-gold
(aren't a bit ENOUGH? test those and reduce the number)
-clusterfuck (doesn't load)
-Crash n Burn 2 & 2 slow motion (keep only one of those)
-Crashme 2 (we deleted it years ago, why is still here?
-Course Infernal (quarry, bikes, random ramps, 2006 map?)

After i'll start to look at D letter, for now those are in evalutating.

p.s.
Info for makers: ALL DELETED MAPS ARE INTO A FOLDER IN OUR WIP-SVN

Relax Rulez 8-)

Last edited by Dockinoke on 18 Oct 2012, 09:10, edited 4 times in total.
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 00:13    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Is needed another clean... am gonna delete tons of my maps + some other failmaps.

In add to that, i will decorate some old maps (without influence to the racing line).

If you can help in that noticing maps you don't like/fix needed, thanks.

Relax Rulez 8-)

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 14 Sep 2012, 21:56    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

DELETELIST UPDATE

rocky road - to delete

Relax Rulez 8-)

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 27 Oct 2012, 23:45    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Notice: FIXED C of SKC, now it have Audi R8 and again F1 handling.

Relax Rulez 8-)

mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 11:34    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

In the map "Problem, Newton"? some players, including me, can't see the race track clearly (I don't know, whether everyone has this problem).

The screen is on the top red and it gets darker to the bottom of the screen (couldn't make a screenshot, sorry). After a while you can see the shapes of the track and finally a minute after you can see the track clearly.

Best Regards,
MrBrown
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 13:59    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

map: Nurburgring , the one with the Bullet (bmw) has 3 laps which is too long imo
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 14:03    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

On that Nurburgring map 3 laps are ok, but there is an F1 hndling missing.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 14:07    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

that nurburgring map is almost 6 minutes long... and its quite boring doing 3 laps of it with the slow car..
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 14:45    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

As I said F1 handling is missing on that map.

On the original map there were about 3-4 shortcuts. So I made a new environment (fences mostly) for the map, but I forgot the F1 hndling. Trust me, that BMW with F1 handling on is fast enough. The original map also had 3 laps and the same BMW, but with F1 handling.

You mentioned few months ago I can use F1 hndling without that lua file. But you did not tell me how and when I uploded the map I totally forgot ask you about that.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2012, 16:56    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

didn't know that map had f1 before, i always thought it was a different one.. the f1 handling has been disable by using scripts i think so you can just use the file for now
END

Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 13:37    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

hi
wrong spawnpoint or what, under the hill
Cortez
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 20083rd place in Race championship February 20103rd place in Race championship March 2010

Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 18:37    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 19:01    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

I will fix it.

Drive on the pavement. Accidents always happen on the road.
[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 19:03    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

yes the other 29 checkpoints will join the lonely one
Cortez
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 28 Dec 2012, 12:27    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

map "Infernus" has no respawn :?
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 29 Dec 2012, 20:15    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Fixed Infernus and Chokepoint

[SKC]Sputs|uk "Me and this map are officially over now. We were happily married in the begining, but now it's war and i want a devorce!"
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 01 Jan 2013, 13:55    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Multi Kart - Replace the actual old-ramp with something not bugged.

Relax Rulez 8-)

END

Posted: 04 Jan 2013, 00:00    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

if i remember well, map Peer has foced GM off, and you can't take off with Petitus gift because of the afks :*
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 04 Jan 2013, 12:03    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Relax Rulez 8-)

Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 10:14    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

How about a 'report a map issue' in-game option? I can hardly remember all the bugged maps or their names, if I play 30+ in a go. But, if the memory is fresh I could report it. That's a bit like what Valve uses for their Counter Strike: Source. In-game built error reporter, rather than 'stop by to cs:s site and say what you want'. We already have something like 'report an admin's power abuse'.

So, if players could have /report <map's name> <message>, I think reporting would be smoother and on time. All the messages would end up... you decide where.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 11:23    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

yeah, that can definately be done and can be linked here on the website too.. i'll look into it when i have time
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 11:48    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Evolutionary breakthrough

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 16:50    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

...i've asked that thing YEARS ago...

:(

Relax Rulez 8-)

Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 16:58    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 05 Jan 2013, 19:18    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Relax Rulez 8-)

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 18:57    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

DELETELIST UPDATE

To delete
HopIt
T-Ube Run
The Big Travel
Heavy Vehicle Rumble
Alphast
Metropolis Race 2
The Toptimer Chase

Deleted
Stockout 2
Wideass 2
Followers vs Wideass
Followers 1
Followers 3
Followers 4
Apple Juice
Simplemap D
Simplemap E
Simplemap F
Sedan Saga in LV
Porkys
Sedan Saga Offices
Sedan Saga Sentry
Comet Sense 2
Lancia Trip 1
Big Santos
Las Venturas Cup
Oldschool Saga 2
Oldschool Saga 3
Porkys
Sedan Saga Willyard
Quarry Laps
Sedan Saga Slowly
SSNC

Relax Rulez 8-)

END

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 19:20    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

delete all the bike and offroad maps :d

HopIt isnt so shit :o
Heavy Vehicle Rumble sholud be shorter :p
if Alphast is that f1 map, first cp should be bigger :p
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 19:38    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

I made 2 maps with F1+Alpha:
-Nappo (stock circuit near LS docks, small cps)
-Aqua Speedway (custom circuit, small cps

Alphast is a shitty alpha map full of zig-zag in SF, nothing special except for 1 corner only very tricky...

Heavy Vehicle Rumble is suspended for now.... when i have time i'll fix it, for now the server is free of this 5min map.

HopIt was an experiment... if you really want to keep it, just make a poll and see. :P

Relax Rulez 8-)

END

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 19:52    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

then i dont know that alpha map :p
for me its not necessary to make a poll, especially when Adi ban me :d
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 20:50    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 21:26    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Relax Rulez 8-)

mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 22:56    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 17 May 2013, 15:43    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

There is a bug on "WRC Race Part 1, 2 and 3" and "Bridge Race".
for example: if you write "/setnextmap Bridge Race", the map doesn't start.
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 26 May 2013, 19:19    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

The cp's on OX Double Zig-Zag are super confusing. Please fix.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 May 2013, 19:26    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

They're meant to be like that, to allow you to choose the path you prefer (left or right). You know you have to go in zig-zag motion and the bigger cp on radar is the one you have to get first.

OX Night Walk - last pair of nitros, for some reason doesn't work. Despite refilling nitro bottles, they empty them, suck them dry.
mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 May 2013, 19:49    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

The map "Good Fucking Night" doesn't load.
larento64
SKC Full Member

Posted: 26 May 2013, 20:13    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Delete this map. it was first version of "Night Fires".
Csena[HUN]
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 May 2013, 20:35    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

Deleted Good Fucking Night
Nos pickup fixed on OX Night Walk

Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 26 May 2013, 20:56    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 May 2013, 21:02    Post subject: Re: Map Fixing - post bugs you notice in our maps

ok, will be done... but i still like confusing people XD
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com