Login
    |

I like it faster, and everything is perfect, but....

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 21:33    Post subject: I like it faster, and everything is perfect, but....

Quite a few years ago I increased the gamespeed in all the maps of the time (about 350+) and edited ALL the metas and map files.

I changed it to compensate for 40fps, when the game should be at 60fps for smooth gameplay. It was just to keep the gamespeed realistic, as you all know I love realism.

However now everyone has much more powerful hardware and can hold 60fps, with the added gamespeed on top of that, it makes the game a bit too fast. Slightly faster than rockstar intended it to be.

Simple fix would be to force it server side, just add the rule to race mod. Maps with slo mo and reduced gamespeed should override it when map loads.

Just a racing tip, its a bit too fast even for me with 99% speed sensitivty and 4% deadzone on the axis, cant imagine what its like forced to race with a typing device ;)

Also add weather back and allow ghost times, etc etc...
Profile Send private message
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 23:03    Post subject: Re: I like it faster, and everything is perfect, but....

Could this MTA on steroids explain the slight understeery, oversteery thing?
Profile Send private message
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com