Login
    |

How to play DM onehanded

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Greenlander
SKC Full Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2016, 22:37    Post subject: How to play DM onehanded

Hello folks,
I would like to share a personal story with you.
Some might remember I had a stupid accident in August 2013 when jumping into a sea with a header. This caused me a broken neck and I was lucky enough to survive aswell as the drowning since I wasn't able to move under water. After several surgeries I was in rehabilitation clinic for 6 month' where I tried my best to recover and get back the control over my body.
So what was left after coming home was mainly just a lack of control over my right hand. But instead of throwing MTA and my community away I decided to start completely from scratch and learn to handle my car in DM with just my left hand. I binded "lean forwards" on "2" and "lean backwards" on "s" aswell as "drive backwards" and using one finger of my right hand on "num_0" to keep nos activated.
This is what I've achieved so far.
I made first video this evening because I was a bit bored and 2nd was made like 8 month' ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8koU5i_ejQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N3T82_rYSY

Btw why the youtube videos do not show up when using [youtube][/youtube]?

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Profile Send private message
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2016, 23:01    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Do you want me to script a resource, which keeps NOS activated whenever you pick it up (enable/disable with a command, which you can bind to a key)?

You have to replace the 'https' with 'http' in [youtube].

Greenlander
SKC Full Member

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 00:09    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

ah that explains much :D
nah no need of that N ^^ if i dont keep my right hand busy it might do kinky things or get stuck in a bag full of chips. and sometimes its useful to wait with activating nos anyway :D

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Bubu
SKC Full Member

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 00:30    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Sad story, you have my respect, sir.
Also sick skills with only one hand, and what a sexy hand this left one is!

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.†-J.R.R Tolkien
VipeR-X
SKC Full Member

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 08:31    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

I'm sorry to hear that dude.
But wow Green :D you got this ! xd

Earlier known as: RaMi-X
Abraxas

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 13:17    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Damn, that's quite some dedication :shock:
So how much can you move your right hand atm? Are you still in physical therapy for it? How do you control the hunter (I still haven't figured it out with 2 working hands)?
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 15:38    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Wow, mad respect Green! That must have taken quite a while to get so good with just the one hand. Are you alright other than the right hand that's not cooperating?

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Greenlander
SKC Full Member

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 15:55    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

my hand is getting still better slowly. atm i have limited function of my thumb, ringfinger and the pinkie. I am able to move them but not stretch completely or put any pressure on things. whats still weak are my triceps muscles so cant even do one single pushup completely to the ground (but I'm too lazy to train :D )
but what I didn't expect is that I'm able to move my neck almost the same like before even though they made 1 vertebra out of 3. Just can't look down as much as before. could use a massage now and then though :p
Well about the hunter Abra, thats why I suck. It's way too many keys to press simultaniously. but basically it works the same.

Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 16:13    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Ryan
SKC Full Member

Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 22:07    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Ay G you da real MVP, I hope your hand will get better. Btw I'm not so active this month cause of exams, but I will be back in February hopefully :|

Blessed by a shadowy hand coming out of the fucking wall during sleep paralysis.
[SKC]botder
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 04:53    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

You could also try to rebind your keys from WASD to ESDF ~ this gives you more keys around the finger-block.
Greenlander
SKC Full Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 14:26    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

I think that would confuse me a lot at first ^^

Yea R you better come back nolifing soon. :D

Ryan
SKC Full Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 16:19    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Blessed by a shadowy hand coming out of the fucking wall during sleep paralysis.
Lucapi
SKC Full Member

Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 23:41    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

The moment when you realize you suck more at this game than a guy that plays with one hand...

All heil to the nazi admin
Ryan
SKC Full Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2016, 10:28    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 19 Jan 2016, 15:37    Post subject: Re: How to play DM onehanded

Nice dedication dude more power to you.
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> General Chat

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com