Login
    |

[Suggestion] Radio Plugin

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Comments/Suggestions/Complaints
Previous topic :: Next topic  
thefreepie

Posted: 13 Jan 2012, 23:17    Post subject: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

Before you read this please note that I have no idea about MTA scripts or anything like that, so keep that in mind before yelling if I say something stupid.

Anyways, I'd like to suggest a plugin where you can type in a command like "/r" and your radio turns on and you can just listen to music. It would be a nice addition and there's probably plugins like this already available. It would be a lot better than having songs on specific maps.

That's all there is to it really, hope you like my idea and if you see flaws tell me nicely please.

Good day, Old Chaps!
Profile Send private message
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 00:03    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

We already have a service, made by MCVarial, who return a streaming sound in the game.

I just wanna know to you: what exactly do you mean for radio?
a) a custom service, like SKC Radio
b) connect to a custom web-radio service
c) listen your mp3?

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
thefreepie

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 00:06    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

Good day, Old Chaps!
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 00:57    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

No, you aren't stupid, I just explained bad. In few words... "we have the technology" to do something like that.

Ok, now MC have enough informations... i was simply trying to understand correctly your intent.

Thanks =)

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 09:59    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

he means something like this: http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=35082
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 10:04    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

Was thinking about making a radio channel with music admins can choose, but I decided to delay it until streamed songs are saved client-side so people don't have to download it every single time because it can cause them to be kick by the antilag.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 11:41    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

isnt streaming it better? i mean there must be website that host them, something radio-like.. i'd definately wouldnt wanna download GBs of music in a online game, i got enough of my own :)
MCvarial
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 11:59    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

Yeah but after they are streamed they aren't saved client-side, which means you have to stream them over and over again.
Tulaipo
PSV 10 - 0 Feyenoord

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 12:17    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

But you can store the streaming links clientside cant you?
Fuck the antilag shit, im bored of searching my links over and over again
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 14 Jan 2012, 19:08    Post subject: Re: [Suggestion] Radio Plugin

A simple suggest: increase the ping limit for who use the radio?
And-or add a tresshold of pinglimit where you can't activate the radio.

The first will prevent the increase of the laggy, the sencond will prevent the activation of the radio by huge-laggers.

(i don't remember the parameter used by the antilag script: is only the ping or something else like fps? in any chase, i suggest to use these parameters as index for what i explained)

Relax Rulez 8-)

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Comments/Suggestions/Complaints

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com