Login
    |

Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> SKC Pic-nic
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Sensless
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2010, 11:55    Post subject: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

Today i got a "special guest" in my Office.

i had to do a backup of the whole thing.

Specifications:
Motorola 68030 @ 25 MHz.
1MB ROM, 4MB RAM standard
512KB VideoRAM
Internal SCSI hard disk: Original Apple 160MB, manufactured by IBM.
Internal 1.44MB floppy disk drive.
Original price in 1993: $ 1800 USD.

Took me some hours and lots of floppys...hehe. Oldschool ownz! :D
Profile Send private message
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 07 Sep 2010, 16:11    Post subject: Re: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

Awesome screen!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 07 Sep 2010, 18:46    Post subject: Re: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

I used to work with these years ago, brings back memories :D I guess there was no 'standard' network stuff attached apart from Localtalk?
Sensless
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 07:57    Post subject: Re: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

Yes, just this little:

The best thing on this machine (besides the awsome screen :o) is the ultra comfortable high precession mouse: :twisted:

After i finished the backup i cant get it working anymore, i only get this screen after boot

I guess i have to find the OS on floppys anywhere...any idea bagpuss? :rabbit:

Edit:
And another oldschool Macintosh:
Last edited by Sensless on 08 Sep 2010, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 11:01    Post subject: Re: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

I don't know what the latest version of MacOS that will run on it, but you can get System 7.5.3 from Apple and System 6 is also bumping around their site somewhere. No idea how you'd get it onto disks without another Mac though (unless the Powerbook you show has a floppy).

As you can imagine the disk with the question mark means that the computer can't find a disk to boot from. Did you accidentally boot it with one of your backup disks still in the drive? It could be that the hard disk has decided to give up the ghost, or the OS is just corrupt.

And Mac mice always have been, and always will be, shit.
Sensless
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 12:05    Post subject: Re: Macintosh Performa 450 - oldschool

Thanks for the link mate.
Meanwhile i tried to get it boot again but I think the Harddrive just "headcrashed" (spins up - click - spins up - click).
I didnt noticed this before. Makes my backup-work yesterday much more worth hehe.
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> SKC Pic-nic

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com