Login
    |

My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
martanius

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 18:47    Post subject: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Hello, I want to show you my newest map :) Hope you like it.

(btw. where can I see if my map was declined or accepted ? Uploaded some maps before cca 6 months and you said you will test it in next test session and nothing about it :D)

4x4-dirt-ride.zip
(25.54 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Bye.
Profile Send private message
mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 19:10    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

looks like alot of work, nice map:)
larento64
SKC Full Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 19:19    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Very nice dude :) But it 's necessary to fix size of some CPs
martanius

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 19:19    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

I just hope that atlast 1 my map will be on SKC servers :)

Why ? On which size ?
mrbrown93
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 20:20    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

you have to imagine: We have 32 slots and let's say 15-20 peeps drives without ghostmode. Small CPs will cause (especially at the beginning part of the map with a close field) some carnage-like situations.

Tip: Think about how the map will look like, when more than 15 people drive on it (without Ghost Mode). ;) Anyways, imo your maps are good (admirable work).

EDIT:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2703
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2794
Last edited by mrbrown93 on 22 Apr 2013, 23:06, edited 6 times in total.
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 20:24    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

This better be a pre-final version, because:

1. CPs are (at 1/2 of map) too tiny. Bear in mind that there'll be 32 players. Having them all crash and fight for cps 3x narrower then their Sandkings is not a good idea.

2. CPs are (at most part) too far away, one from another. You know the path, so you don't need many of them, but other players don't know, they'd get lost.

A tip: set weather to fog/sandstorm, place a cp, move away from it until it disappears behind the fog/sand, place another cp - that's ok distance between two cps. Unless path is down a narrow tunel, riverbed, between buildings, going only one way forward. Then, of course, set normal weather.

3. I'm not sure about 'alternative route marks' - I and other map makers prefer not to make them so obvious, we like players to explore and find them harder way :D Also, they're a bit confusing - I thought they were cps, until real cps appeared.

4. We didn't see how big the starting grid is - make sure 32 players can fit comfy there, with a decent amount of space between each car. By decent, I mean that at least 2 Sandkings can fit between each Spawnpoint.

5. Those tiny trees at the start of the race - If you can't knock them down and drive over them with Sandking - better replace them with those that can be knocked down. You don't want 32 players bouncing off of them and cluttering the path to those behind?

6. I don't remember seeing any repairs. Test race, see where you crash most of time, place them strategically around the map.

7. Sole purpose of cps isn't to force players to drive through them, but to point the path which players should take. I can't tell if that last part of the race, on grass in zig-zag path meets that criteria.

- Regarding of map testing: If we feel sent maps require too much effort to make them SKC server friendly, we don't bother doing it, we don't upload them. I guess we'd spend good 15-30 mins fine-tuning yours. Fine-tune it yourself. Read map making guides in Map makers sub-forum. Then post the final version again.

This might answer you why your maps aren't on the server.
martanius

Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 18:35    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Ok, I little rebuild it.

1. Cps are now closer to each other.

2. Cps are now bigger

3. Markers were removed

4. I uploaded video that show how big it is (I changed start and finish place)

5. Every tiny trees you see are knockable (at start, around road and at finish place)

6. Showed in vdeo.

7. No more zig-zag (changed finish part) :)

I uploaded video that is here for show you how I rebuild it, hope its ok now :)

btw. I readed that you dont want up-cliff spawnpoints, so I remaked it to this :

4x4 dirt ride.zip
(25.92 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 19:27    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Thanks for the edits, you've certainly improved it some. Give us a moment to check it over and upload :wink:
martanius

Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 20:04    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Okay, please let me know if map was uploaded (after you test it) or still need some fixes :)

Bye.
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 21:03    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Map is uploaded to server.

I tweaked the checkpoints where needed. None of the different routes you can take have been compromised so don't worry, it's cool. I also set the directional arrows higher to make the racing line more visible.

Checkpoint 2 had a size of 2.25. The minimum size of any checkpoint should be no lower than 4 (fixed). The grid formation may be a little tight, but with some GM players it should be ok.

I noticed that your first repair is at CP 8. This really is too far away for the type of map that it is, so i added 1 easy access repair at CP 2, after the hill climb.

Having 1 NOS on a hill at the start of the race is asking too much, so i added 4 more scattered around the same area. This should force players to take different routes up the hill and minimise any pileups.

That's all. It's a cool map and the different routes you can take is a nice feature. I can see you've given it some thought. Good job! I'll send you a copy.
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 22:19    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Very impressive work Martanius, congrats, really! :)

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
martanius

Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 04:28    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Nice, thanks :)
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 09:22    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

I've tested it last night on the server. I'd still like to have more guidance on where to go, but I guess it'll be alright after some getting used to. But there are 2 things I'd do:

1. Add nitro under each spawnpoint - hill is steep, there's no point of trying to race without nitro.

2. Fix that 10 m long glitch at the start of the race - just after the starting grid, before nitros and that bridge, on the right side, surfaces aren't sewed right, it'll cause 1/3 of players to get stuck and lose precious time - this being greater priority.

Other than that - a beautiful peace of work.
martanius

Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 11:22    Post subject: Re: My map 4x4 Dirt Ride

Ok, so I added NOS pickup in front of spawnpoints (in front of every line).

Glitch is fixed (didnt notice it before :O).

Here is fixed version :

race-4x4-dirt-ride.zip
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

EDIT
-------------

btw. Is possible to change map name ? Because map is not too often on server and I think that its because of map name, maybe server randomly selecting maps by first letters in alphabet and my map have 4 as first letter :D

Please if it is possible rename my map to "Race 4x4 Dirt Ride"

Thanks you :) and sorry.

If is it possible, please replace my map by this :

race-4x4-dirt-ride.zip
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com