Login
    |

Map Moderation System

Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
WingedBull

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 09:34    Post subject: Map Moderation System

Hey

SKC is a wonderful server with great scripts (TeamWars, points, GM, ...) and awesome car models and I've only been racing for 6 months here, but the only thing I'm not happy with is the lack of map moderation.

In MgC we had a command /flag "reason" to flag a map for mistakes, bugs or just a bad map. Each week all the flagged comments were posted on the forum and if nobody had something to say the map was simply deleted. Result? Only good maps.

I notice A LOT of shitty maps with horrile checkpoint placement, and it's a pain in the ass even for experienced drivers like us, but mostly for the newbies that don't have the reflex to keep an eye on the radar. They drive straight when they should've turned because the checkpoint is not visible in their field of view with as result a lot of frustration.

Is it possible to insert a script like this to SKC? The /rate "X" does almost nothing. I think the server would benefit A LOT from a decent map moderation system.

Ofcourse, you'll say "fuck off WingedBull, our server is full every day so we don't care" but this is just a suggestion from my side.

Thanks!

-Winged
Profile Send private message
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 10:02    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

Fuck off WingedBalls, we dont follow MgC into empty servers club.

That being said, we do have something similar, but its only for admins. And its loaded with suggestions, but we were too busy with server upgrades and other stuff, that we werent fixing the reported bugs. Worry no further, we begun work on fixing that stuff. By WE I mean 1-2 active map admins and by STUFF I mean 1000+ maps, so you'll wait to see some results.

Map deleting-wise, we'll let map rating sxript does it's magic in upcoming months and we'll get rid off maps with the lowest ratings, so remember to rate maps ;)

Once again, fuck off to MgC emptiness.
END

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 10:12    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

oh how scared about /flag obelix maps
WingedBull

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 10:14    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

cypherpunk
SKC Full Member

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 16:58    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

Maps, too many maps... :D
Ivan_xXx
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 18:37    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

Obelix is just scared because all his maps will b flaged
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 11 Jan 2015, 20:13    Post subject: Re: Map Moderation System

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com