Login
    |

Olegator way out of order!
Page 1 of 21, 2  Next  
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server
Previous topic :: Next topic  
RainManUK2

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:31    Post subject: Olegator way out of order!

I wasnt going to post a topic but i was so offended i just couldnt help myself

I played one of olegators new maps before and found it really buggy and almost impossible to complete, so i rated it 1 and called it buggy

I then recieved this pm from Olegator...

"Excuse me of course, dude, but i'm sick n tired of such shit... So "!rate u 1 ur brain is buggy as hell!!!" Show me ur best map & then we'll have a long serious conversation. U think opinion of such map noob as u means smth 2 me?? There r only 2 infinite things, man...
P.S. Sry if i offended u, but... i 4 n i."

If i rate a map 1 then this is my opinion which i am entitled to, if he didnt want his map to be played and rated he shouldnt of submitted it!

Adi has also had a pm from olegator regarding this
Last edited by RainManUK2 on 23 Jun 2008, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Send private message
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:51    Post subject:

yeh, i got a pm from him regarding the same thing, rating 1 one of his maps

i guess ppl still dont know why !rate is there, well not everybody but some ppl
as Rain said, everybody has an opinion on the map and thats it
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:57    Post subject:

Uhm... and resolve the fact whit the direct person via pm?
Isn't an histeric-kid olegator, i think if you talk whit him you can resolve... like "normal" peoples (or on this topic...).

And... the rate problem... is real. :P
If a player don't like anyone map, he put a valutation 1... when i want to valutate a map, i try to "suggest" the way for fix it in what i don't like... or, simply, i write "!rate 4 i don't like, but good job" etc...

But this is a "my" opinion.

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Docki sharable maps here: [url]http://sdrv.ms/O4MJx0[/url]
Hitman
SKC Elite Member
Exceptionally fast DNS change award

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 20:01    Post subject:

I know who this joker is! It's president mugabe!! Watch out lads he'll send his thugs round and force you to !rate it 10, if you don't he'll burn ur graphics card and rape ur ram while your hdd watches helplessly only to go and behead your processors heat sync! Watch him he's a nasty git, i'd rate it 10 if i was u
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader
3rd place in Race championship May 20083rd place in Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship September 20083rd place in Race championship October 2008

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 20:03    Post subject:

I remember a fact: "!rate 10 is a my brother map" ...is that?

Relax Rulez 8-)

<<The difference between a newbie and a noob? The first learns, the second is pwnt.>> - Docki at phone whit a friend

Cortez
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 20083rd place in Race championship February 20103rd place in Race championship March 2010

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 20:34    Post subject:

Not talking about you but i'm not completely disagree with olegator, a '!rate 1 delete shit!!!111' from someone who never made a map on his life, is pretty annoying. ever more if it's after 10sec of playing (like alot of players usually do)...
RainManUK2

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 22:17    Post subject:

all very good points, admitidly i could of gone into more detail on why i didnt like the map

a good response from olegator would of been "why dont you like my map?"

I did try and resolve this with him on pm but each message was similar to the first
Whiskey
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20093rd place in Race championship April 20093rd place in Race championship December 2009

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 22:23    Post subject:

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
RainManUK2

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 22:29    Post subject:

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member
Winner of Race championship May 2008Winner of Race championship June 20082nd place in Race championship March 2010Winner of Race championship April 20103rd place in Race championship May 20102nd place in Race championship September 20102nd place in Race championship October 2010
2nd place in Race championship January 20113rd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 06:18    Post subject:

well i'll still rate 1 maps that i'd like removed, thats what i did and what i'll do from now on

when i have something to say to the map maker i rate the map 2-3 and give the reason, maybe he'll take a look and fix it, or not
Hitman
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 07:20    Post subject:

i'd ignore and delete any !rate 1 with no constructive comment
Ruuub
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 11:36    Post subject:

Lol i got a pm to cause of my high rating :)

The maps were real nice!

("[FSA] Terra Incognita" and "[FSA] Highway To Nowhere")
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 15:47    Post subject:

Yeh pisses me off too when adiboy rates "Sandking hole" 1 everytime cuz of the 'buggy' design. Doesnt make me angry though, just annoyed people refuse to see anything positive...

It can not be fixed! GET OVER IT YOU FUCK, rate reasonably based on time to make, effort involved, thought used, etc.

sandkinghole2, lets think about it, ok it can randomly spin you out, but you get to race upside down, and dont forget the boomage.... so in my mind thats a 5/10 atleast.....tit for tatt, good for bad, etc etc etc.

Not a 1/10 anyway....

Ive seen alot of Olegators maps though, so i know he can make some amazingly hard maps, and they must take ages to make too. Where he falls down is his nitro and cp placement. Olegator if youre reading, remember you respawn 2 cps back IF you die, so IF people DO die in a certain place, they go back 2 cps, AND if theres no nitro for a BIG jump/loop, then your map is fucked. Less CPs keeps it simpler, and if in doubt, put a nitro down after CPs....there, fixed :D

!rate 1 i dont like it ;D

*edit* I think most people do just use the ratings for negative things in general anyway, most people will say gg after a good race and forget to rate. But most will stop playing to rate a shit map! I found ratings useless anyway, it doesnt show how many people rated on this site, so i didnt use the ratings to test maps atall, i only used the ratings to see toptimes, and pick out long maps. I say remove rating completely, or add a way to show how many ratings per map onto the site...
RainManUK2

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 16:23    Post subject:

point taken ht as i said before ill rate more fairly from now on and i think other people will follow suit after this thread

Although i stand by the fact that pm'ing everyone who gave it a low rating is a bit far lol
Hitman
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 20:56    Post subject:

Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2008, 07:46    Post subject:

Ratings are for maps. Not for how u feel about certain maps. So, if u don't like it, ur problem. If u like, same thing. And if u care lil more, do a !rate + reason, so mapper or map admin could have something to think about, how to improve a map. Ratings go for design, cp placement, nitros/lack of them, repairs/lack of them, respawns, general playability, fun, excitement, etc. So, unless a map is like "going uphill on 80*(degrees) on BMX and catching 0.1 sized cps randomly placed, with no respawns and lots of barrels, then, its !rate 1 burn the mapper

Then, its true, there are problems with ratings. U cant give reasonably long explanation after rate because it cant fit in 1 message. If u try with more messages, only last msg will appear on site. U cant check if u rated with a comment, what ur comment was. Then, there are tons of noobs who !rate 1.

So, my idea is: Remove !rate things from server. If some1 is so kind, let him rate a map on site. First lets rate every aspect of design separately (playability - 4, cp placement - 3, level design - 9, etc) and then, if some1 wants togive an extra comment, let him type it.
I guess that would save some script's resources and make things generaly better. So, noobs who dont care for a map, effort, idea, design, etc, wont just come to site and !rate 1. Probably, those who would say something... would be bored to come here too. But then, some1 would be impressed, or almost impressed and will share his oppinion with others.
Bagpuss
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2008, 08:07    Post subject:

Dunno about you but I can hardly remember the names of any maps, let alone the ones I love or hate.

I'm not planning any overhaul of the ratings system until MTA:DM. The way it is now shows up the idiots who rate 1 for everything, and you can just ignore them or taunt them. In MTA:DM I am planning a whole in-game rating system where you can add as much text as you like, and also the ability to rate a map you played earlier (because you can't write much in the middle of a race, especially if you finish it and only have 30 seconds before the next map).
humantraffic
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship February 20082nd place in Race championship March 20082nd place in Race championship April 20083rd place in Race championship July 20093rd place in Race championship November 20092nd place in Race championship June 20103rd place in Race championship July 2010
3rd place in Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship January 20112nd place in Race championship February 2011

Posted: 25 Jun 2008, 11:51    Post subject:

It does just give opportunity for negative comments, with nothing helpful really. It can ruin the atmosphere when 1 person rates 1 and the rest think "aww shucks i enjoyed that, but maybe it did suck". Then noobs leave thinking we suck.....ok maybe bit extreme, but negative thinking leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side.....Use the force for good! :D

If more people rated all the time, then it would be useful. Go into maps now, list them by rating, and see how many maps U love that are below 3/10...

Ok lets all make a pact to try and remember to rate all maps as much as we can, then its useful :P
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 25 Jun 2008, 13:18    Post subject:

I agree, sensible rating is the way forward.

I try to go for, when i vote which isn't very often, these points.

1/ Track layout

2/ Grid positioning

3/ Vehicle used

4/ CP placement

5/ Look and feel, how it flows ect.. it's charm.

It's not to bad if just one or sometimes two of these essential criteria fails, but if three go, like for instance bad start + bad CP placement + badly placed objects, bugs ect.. then it's reason enough to give it a low rating, but combine it with useful comments and not something like, God, i fucking hate planes!!!

Everyone has there own preferances, but it's not difficult to vote sensibly, is it really?
[SKC]Cunning

Posted: 25 Jun 2008, 20:20    Post subject:

this has been discussed before::

no offence obelix but i dont agree

as far as i can see the only point of having a rating system is if it serves some purpose.

there are two purposes i can think of for a rating system

1>
to determine which maps people enjoy the most/least
thus allowing the powers that be get rid of maps that people DONT enjoy while keeping the ones people DO enjoy
in this mode i think !rate1 is vaild if someone personally hates a map [regardless of how much time, effort, money, etc etc etc has gone into it]

for eg the ford ka, drives well, has a lot of features, is well put togehter, has had a lot of time and money spent developing it, its economical and environmentally friendly.... but for me personally !rate1

as another example, my dog is old deaf and has arthritis, she smells awful and wont even chase rabbits out of the garden, she costs money to feed and dosnt appreciate me at all [i think she may have worms] ...
but !rate 8

NOW THE SECOND WAY A RATING SYSTEM CAN BE USED

2>
technically correct <-> technically incorrect

with the above examples the ford ka is technically correct
!rate 8

my dog on the otherhand, should probably be shot
!rate 1

i will continue to rate maps based on how much i enjoy them
i dont care if a map is "correct", if i dont enjoy it i may just rate it badly
if i do enjoy it, i'll rate it well, even if its "astecically" shit.

also i never rate a map the first time i race it, maybe the 5th maybe the 10th, but i reserve the right to vote how i want.

as another boring example:
maps with loops in them obvioulsy take a lot of time and personally i enjoy the odd one. but if someone else just cant get the hang of loops then why not let him rate it 1, at least we know then that some people really dont enjoy such maps??

maybe i'm way off the mark here, but the way i figure it is, that if you enjoy a map, chances are all points mentioned by sputs, are good

if you dont enjoy it, something is wrong

Can you get back on topic please.
JrMan
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 10:57    Post subject:

HAHA I'M ABOUT TO RATE ALL HIS MAPS 1 I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE PMS I'LL GET

Dave
Hitman
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 11:54    Post subject:

post menstrual tension?
Obelix
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 12:14    Post subject:

Acid_Rain
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 21:00    Post subject:

LOL i just got a pm from olegator saying "if my highway is shit, then how should ur maps b called??? think out urself!!!" what a cock
Bender

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 21:04    Post subject:

I fuckin love you JrMan :lol:

Dave RIKLMFAO
Ruuub
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 21:08    Post subject:

lol-topic ;D
Bender

Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 21:09    Post subject:

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB youre a cunt.

Kray-Z Bender the Sex Offender!

You can make it, you can sell it, but CAN you "make it" selling it
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 10:44    Post subject:

Relax Rulez 8-)

olegator

Posted: 29 Aug 2008, 13:36    Post subject:

LMAO!!
Just enable rate command [with rate < 6 for example] only for those, who have at least 1000 objects on the server)) [barrels don't count)]

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus. ]:->
olegator

Posted: 29 Aug 2008, 13:49    Post subject:

Acid_Rain
ROFL I'm sure ur msg had words "i am" in the end, but u accidentally deleted 'em when put cup on the keyboard xD

olegator

Posted: 02 Sep 2008, 06:03    Post subject:

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus. ]:-> Last edited by olegator on 02 Sep 2008, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
olegator

Posted: 02 Sep 2008, 06:05    Post subject:

Dop3man(Uk
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship August 20083rd place in Race championship September 2008Winner of Race championship October 20082nd place in Race championship August 20092nd place in Race championship October 2009Winner of Race championship January 2010Winner of Race championship February 2010
Winner of Race championship May 20103rd place in Race championship June 20102nd place in Race championship July 2010Winner of Race championship August 20103rd place in Race championship September 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010
Winner of Race championship December 20103rd place in Race championship October 2010Winner of Race championship November 2010Winner of Race championship January 2011

Posted: 02 Sep 2008, 16:36    Post subject:

How do you do that?
Yoda
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 02 Sep 2008, 17:36    Post subject:

olegator

Posted: 03 Sep 2008, 08:29    Post subject:

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus. ]:-> Last edited by olegator on 03 Sep 2008, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 03 Sep 2008, 09:05    Post subject:

olegator

Posted: 03 Sep 2008, 10:14    Post subject:

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus. ]:-> Last edited by olegator on 04 Sep 2008, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
olegator

Posted: 04 Sep 2008, 08:40    Post subject:

Another partial decision: to make rate command available only for registered players (maybe with param < some value)...

AdiBoy
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Sep 2008, 08:52    Post subject:

rating is only available now to users with 500 points or more

EDIT: haha, 1 minute faster than your post, Cortez! :P
Last edited by AdiBoy on 04 Sep 2008, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Cortez
SKC Elite Member
2nd place in Race championship June 20083rd place in Race championship February 20103rd place in Race championship March 2010

Posted: 04 Sep 2008, 08:53    Post subject:

Now you need 500 pts to be able to rate,so noobs who can't drive can't rate 1 everytime they loose

Edit: i was too slow :(
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 04 Sep 2008, 09:11    Post subject:

I talk with SyS for long time about rating, and this was my idea:
-remove !rate command from users and put it to one or two selected persons (eg: Cortez and Whiskey)
-add for public !comment command, where you may put ONLY text

For !rate, i haven't better ideas like that....

An idea with AcidBrain was to put images/videos on each map of our site map-list.

About this part, i can do that without problems in about 1 month... isn't difficult, about 30 maps having a youtube video, from my archive i can found a lot of "nice" vids. Infernus Slalom Race, olegator's maps, mine maps, thorus experiment, infernus oval, hitman run, wu zi mu, are with a video on youtube.

Relax Rulez 8-)

TD Mystic
SKC Elite Member

Posted: 04 Sep 2008, 15:52    Post subject:

would be cool, but it requires a LOT of work
uploading 380+ vids :o
Dockinoke
Site Admin - SKC Leader

Posted: 05 Sep 2008, 00:39    Post subject:

Relax Rulez 8-)

olegator

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 11:09    Post subject:

olegator

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 11:25    Post subject:

olegator

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 11:27    Post subject:

Crazy-Ali (is an idiot)

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 11:43    Post subject:

An UFO!!!!!!!!!,
Oh it's EFO olegator with the vibrator

SPAAAAAAAAAAAM! 8)

I'm sad and lonely, will you be my friend?
Sputs|uk
SKC Elite Member
3rd place in Race championship August 20082nd place in Race championship January 20102nd place in Race championship August 2010Winner of Race championship April 2011

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 12:03    Post subject:

For me, Ole, it's a below avarage map, coupled with a bad start grid and poorly placed CPs - what i mean by poorly placed CPs is areas where there's little or no fluidity between one CP and the next. That's all :wink:
olegator

Posted: 15 Sep 2008, 13:13    Post subject:

1. It's not 100 % race map (just ~50) to make ideally regular start grid like in real races.
2. With fluent cps optimal trajectory would be almost w/o drift at all.
:)

olegator

Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 13:15    Post subject:

Display topics from previous: Sort by
Post new topic   { POST_REPLY_TOPIC }    SKC MTA Server Forum Index -> Race Server Page 1 of 21, 2  Next

Using mChat © phpBB3BBCodes.com